Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Committee structure

The Committee Guest

The four members of the elected committee have discussed the questions which have been raised in the forums over the conduct of the GAGB elections. We have unanimously decided upon the following course of action...

At the close of the current poll on Tuesday, the GAGB committee will consist of five duly elected members. No further elections will be held in the short term. There are no immediate plans to elect a sixth member to the committee, nor to appoint a chairperson. The five committee members will together manage the process of adding structure to the Association, and endeavour to further the stated aims of the Association.

Nobody on the committee has been presented with any evidence that there was any impropriety in any of the GAGB elections. In particular, we have no reason to believe that any individual voted more than once. If anyone does have evidence of any wrong doing, they should present it to a member of the elected committee before the close of the final poll. In the absence of any such evidence, the committee will consider the elections a fair and representative expression of the wishes of the GAGB membership.

Ian Harris (Teasel) on behalf of the GAGB committee.

marinor Guest

works for me

marinor/Bill

Sanity at last! :P
    Dave Palmer
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Wood Smoke Guest

Got my vote :-)

WoodSmoke

NattyBooshka Guest

Originally posted by The Committee@Nov 3 2003, 12:13 AM
    In particular, we have no reason to believe that any individual voted more than once. If anyone does have evidence of any wrong doing, they should present it to a member of the elected committee before the close of the final poll. In the absence of any such evidence, the committee will consider the elections a fair and representative expression of the wishes of the GAGB membership.
    Agreed, but surely any the evidence of sock puppet voting is there for anyone with admin privilages to see, not for anybody throwing around accusations. It looks like some people have expressed a concern that could be addressed with a look in the server logs.

Chris n Maria Guest

Hurrah - things are moving

At long last some sign of sanity. You have got our backing

Mel & Barbara
    Geocachers do it by Degrees

Well said, Committee. Best wishes and good luck!
    Enjoy your caching!

Omally Guest

Go for it guys, and good luck!

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by NattyBooshka+Nov 3 2003, 07:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NattyBooshka @ Nov 3 2003, 07:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Committee@Nov 3 2003, 12:13 AM
    In particular, we have no reason to believe that any individual voted more than once. If anyone does have evidence of any wrong doing, they should present it to a member of the elected committee before the close of the final poll. In the absence of any such evidence, the committee will consider the elections a fair and representative expression of the wishes of the GAGB membership.
    Agreed, but surely any the evidence of sock puppet voting is there for anyone with admin privilages to see, not for anybody throwing around accusations. It looks like some people have expressed a concern that could be addressed with a look in the server logs. [/b][/quote]
    Which is exactly why Teasel said exactly what he said&#33;

The committee has seen no evidence of improper voting (*) : if anyone ELSE has any evidence then "now is the time to put up or shut up".

(* or maybe I should say "improper voting which would have affected the result of any of the voting for the current 4 elected committee memmbers")

Paul, speaking personally.

A committee at last&#33; You have my support, folks. Good luck&#33;
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

NattyBooshka Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz+Nov 3 2003, 01:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul.blitz @ Nov 3 2003, 01:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -NattyBooshka@Nov 3 2003, 07:48 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--The Committee
    @Nov 3 2003, 12:13 AM

Agreed, but surely any the evidence of sock puppet voting is there for anyone with admin privilages to see, not for anybody throwing around accusations. It looks like some people have expressed a concern that could be addressed with a look in the server logs.
    Which is exactly why Teasel said exactly what he said&#33;

The committee has seen no evidence of improper voting (*) : if anyone ELSE has any evidence then "now is the time to put up or shut up".

(* or maybe I should say "improper voting which would have affected the result of any of the voting for the current 4 elected committee memmbers")

Paul, speaking personally. [/b][/quote]
    Yes Paul... if you read what I said again you will see that I was stating that all we non-committee members can possibly (assuming the site is secure) have is the feeling that something isn&#39;t right. We couldn&#39;t possibly have evidence as that evidence would be in the served logs that we obviously don&#39;t have access too. I am not illeterate, and managed to understand Ian&#39;s comments fully thank you very much.

My point has, since I posted it, been addressed by Ian via a couple of e-mails and I am fully satisfied on this point. Therefore, the comment I made, except fot the "agreed" bit is no longer relevant to the discussion as far as I&#39;m concerned, but I do not take kindly to the inferance that I didn&#39;t read the post fully before commenting.

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by NattyBooshka@Nov 4 2003, 07:11 AM
    ... but I do not take kindly to the inferance that I didn&#39;t read the post fully before commenting.
    My apologies for it sounding like that, it wasn&#39;t meant to: I was more trying to highlight the fact (to all readers, not specifically you) that *the committee* has no info, does *anyone else*?

From the lack of feedback on all fronts, I have to assume that the previous "feelings" were caused by partial-information, chinese whispers or whatever (which often happens when feelings are running high).

So, I hope we can now put all that behind us now, and get on with doing what needs to be done.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the committee, Kouros&#33;

BugznElm&#39;r Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Nov 4 2003, 12:03 PM
    My apologies for it sounding like that ...
    I always think it takes a big person to apologize ... well cool of you Paul. Nice to see the past insecurities on this forum seem to be gone :-) I have enough drama in my day without it appearing in my leisure time too&#33; Cool - things are really taking shape here&#33;

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Nov 4 2003, 12:03 PM
    From the lack of feedback on all fronts, I have to assume that the previous "feelings" were caused by partial-information, chinese whispers or whatever (which often happens when feelings are running high).
    I suppose an apology to the person who was the target of all the unfounded "partial-information, chinese whispers or whatever" is out of the question??? :angry:

...and welcome to Kouros. at least you won&#39;t have very far to travel to committee meetings.
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

NattyBooshka Guest

Originally posted by BugznElm&#39;r+Nov 4 2003, 12:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BugznElm&#39;r @ Nov 4 2003, 12:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--paul.blitz@Nov 4 2003, 12:03 PM
    My apologies for it sounding like that ...
    I always think it takes a big person to apologize ... well cool of you Paul. [/b][/quote]
    Yes it does&#33;

Thank you Paul... sorry if we got the wrong end of the stick&#33;

NattyBooshka Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz+Nov 4 2003, 12:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul.blitz @ Nov 4 2003, 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--NattyBooshka@Nov 4 2003, 07:11 AM
    ... but I do not take kindly to the inferance that I didn&#39;t read the post fully before commenting.

So, I hope we can now put all that behind us now, and get on with doing what needs to be done. [/b][/quote]
    You assume right as far as we&#39;re concerned... and we are very much behind the committee and look forward to seeing this Association fully working at last.