Whilst I'm aware we have many responsible members who actively use Motor Vehicles to access caches along Off Road Routes. Would all persons intending to do so please insure that they have access to up to date maps and legal status of the route they intend to take. And make sure that they understand the legal status of all routes they intend to use.

Reason behind the request is that I have received a complaint regarding someone accessing a cache situated on a Restricted Byway using a Motor Vehicle. A route along which the usage of such vehicles is prohibited. It would appear that the person involved was using out of date access information [map]. This access has been brought to the attention of the local CC, who are looking into the issue.

Please note I am not out to castigate anyone, and would request that no mention of the cache or person involved is mentioned [any mention will result in a request to the poster and Forum Moderators to delete the post, there is a very justified reason for this]. Rather this is a attempt to bring the issue to the attention of the community, hopefully allowing the experienced 4x4 Off Roaders somewhere to educate the rest of the community regarding legal and responsible access off road using Motor Vehicles.

Deceangi