Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Would you log this?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... and I'll claim FTF rights!

2 1.71%
  • Yes... but only after a few others have found it first.

62 52.99%
  • Yes... but only as a "Note" explaining the situation.

6 5.13%
  • No... I don't think so... It just wouldn't feel "right".

14 11.97%
  • No, definitely not! How can I "find" it if I already know exactly where it is?

30 25.64%
  • Some other cunning idea that I haven't thought of? Please explain :-)

3 2.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you log this?

nope, I wouldn't log it.
    In effect the way you described it makes it exactly the same as logging your own hides.

ignore list all the way.

There are more than enough caches not to need that extra one.

Naah, I think it'd be a bit like loging your own cache.
    A cache a day ..

I would log it a few months after the cache had been placed, probably on a maintenance trip.

Bradford or where ever ive parked the geotruck

I would log it but I'd wait until the local FTF hounds have had a go.

If I set the log with my children (which I don't have BTW), I would not log it. I have, however, logged a find placed by a friend when I was there when he placed it. But I did wait until there was some questions raised about the co-ordinates so I went to find it as an independant co-ordinate tester. I didn't check how much it varied from the published, just advised my friend the co-ordinates of where I found the cache.

I would not log it, I like my find number and trackable count to be accurate and not log a find just because I can.

Probably not - it would probably go straight on the 'ignore' list. It just wouldn't feel right.

searchjaunt Guest

I would consider it as a being the tester of a caches who's also allowed to log the cache after the podium is 'taken'

I have seen this happen many times -
    Also where husbands and wives with separate accounts go out and one helps the other place a trail using one caching ID and then the other goes out when they are published and tries to get FTFs on them all

Its not a treasure hunt !! - they know where they are !! - what is the point !!
    Tim - ddm

Slightly different, my son and I both placed caches and sent off for review and they came out the same day. As he doesn't drive he asked if I'd take him to find one of mine, not knowing someone was already out there doing my loop, we went for the first, but this was already signed, so we worked backwards and he found that with a clean log sheet, so signed and claimed FTF, afterwards finding out that this was a DNF for the two who were trying to bag all the FTF's before someone else in our area got there.............lol then I drove over to his hide and I found that and claimed FTF.