Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Feedback from your committe: Post of Chairman

The Committee Guest

The currently elected members of the GAGB committee held a voice meeting on Sunday evening, where various topics were discussed.

I have been asked to post a couple of things, other committee members will, at some point, feed back on tasks they have taken on board. Here is the first item:

Chairman:

It is the feeling of the committee that we will stay with the current "shape" of the committee (ie chair plus 5 other committee) as this is what was agreed by the membership, UNLESS ANYONE CAN PROVIDE DEFINITIVE PROOF THAT THE ELECTIONS ARE INVALID.

Unfortunately, we have already had our chairman stand down. We have decided, for the time being, to manage without a chair. There is a lot of "background work" to be done (like the constitution) and we feel that trying to run an election now would detract from all that needs doing.

Nevertheless, we feel that a chairman IS needed, and therefore we intend to start a "by-election" for the post of chairman by the end of February.

Paul Blitz, for & on behalf of the GAGB Committee.

Fair enough, one question for the committee to think about, but no need to post a reply to until all the issues are sorted. "Will the members of the committee be eligible to stand for the post, as this would mean another vote to fill the now empty place on the committee if elected?" As previously stated no need for a reply, I just thought I'd be a devil :wacko: and give the committee something else to think about on top of the horrendous load they all ready have.
    A very unmalicious Dave Palmer
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by Mancunian@Nov 3 2003, 02:46 PM
    Fair enough, one question for the committee to think about, but no need to post a reply to until all the issues are sorted. "Will the members of the committee be eligible to stand for the post, as this would mean another vote to fill the now empty place on the committee if elected?"
    My 6p's worth:

That was mentioned during our call, but as we're doing nothing about the post of Chair yet, no firm decision was taken.

It would seem fair to me to allow ANY member to stand for the post... and any subsequent vacancy would then just need be dealt with... by then, we hope we will have a constitution & SO's in place, so things will just "happen".

Again, no different to the way other organisations run things.

Paul

NattyBooshka Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz+Nov 3 2003, 04:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul.blitz @ Nov 3 2003, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mancunian@Nov 3 2003, 02:46 PM
    Fair enough, one question for the committee to think about, but no need to post a reply to until all the issues are sorted. "Will the members of the committee be eligible to stand for the post, as this would mean another vote to fill the now empty place on the committee if elected?"
    My 6p&#39;s worth:

That was mentioned during our call, but as we&#39;re doing nothing about the post of Chair yet, no firm decision was taken.

It would seem fair to me to allow ANY member to stand for the post... and any subsequent vacancy would then just need be dealt with... by then, we hope we will have a constitution & SO&#39;s in place, so things will just "happen".

Again, no different to the way other organisations run things.

Paul [/b][/quote]
    Sounds great to me... should any landowner group wish to talk to a chair before we have one I&#39;d assume it would be fine for any current committee member to assume the title of chairman for that discussion. This was the reason for having a chair, so until we have an official one I guess the title could be passed around if needed, but of course on a daily basis it isn&#39;t a neccessity and I agree that another election right now is not what we need.

MCL Guest

Go for it.