Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Monster caches

zwei ormers Guest

Default Monster caches

Right, I have a 40litre screwtop drum and an unmuggleable location for it, but I was wondering about others opinions for giant caches.

...oh, and I have a 60 litre drum and hide to do after that too if it proves to be popular

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zwei ormers View Post
    Right, I have a 40litre screwtop drum and an unmuggleable location for it, but I was wondering about others opinions for giant caches.

...oh, and I have a 60 litre drum and hide to do after that too if it proves to be popular

A 40 litre drum will need to be maintanined with 40 litres worth of contents, unless you can mange this a 1 litre container will make more sense IMO.

keehotee Guest

I put out a 50 litre ammo box a couple of months ago.

By it's nature it's fairly unmuggleable - but hardly invisible..

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...7-8d8363a44aaf

I think it's an excellent idea!

Unless it would spoil an intended surprise, make it clear how big it is on the listing page, so that those who trade can take larger items for it.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Woohoo! Nice big fat caches! They sound great - go for it

No, no, no, no.. that isn't the way. The HUGE container should be the first stage containing a little piece of paper with the coords leading to the final cache which is a nano of course..... hidden in a tree......... covered in ivy...........

Chris (MrB)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blorenge View Post
    No, no, no, no.. that isn't the way. The HUGE container should be the first stage containing a little piece of paper with the coords leading to the final cache which is a nano of course..... hidden in a tree......... covered in ivy...........

Chris (MrB)
    ...and without a logbook... h34r:

Or ... you could put a 45L container inside it which would naturally contain a 40L container and then a 35L, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.0, 0.5, 0.3, 150ml etc, etc right the way down to one of those little thingies you put on a pigeon. If you really wanted to pull out all the stops you could paint each one to look like a doll with a russian theme ......... hmmmm suddenly my daft idea is starting to sound sensible, has anyone done a matryoshka cache? hmy: first dibs if they haven't

zwei ormers Guest

The russian dolls idea is cool - they would make good stages in a multi. I intend to say the cache is big in the notes, or maybe a description of the goodies will give people enough of an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by zwei ormers View Post
    The russian dolls idea is cool - they would make good stages in a multi. I intend to say the cache is big in the notes, or maybe a description of the goodies will give people enough of an idea?
    I'm not keen on descriptions of the contents as they so soon become out of date. I'd be inclined to say in the listing that the cache is big, or at least give suggestions that it is.

zwei ormers Guest

Right, it's out there ready for you!
    GC21T4K
    https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...d-782f99f2cd03