Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Google Chrome and our forums

Default Google Chrome and our forums

Recently I switched to Google Chrome. Up until last night I'd had no problems with it in our forums, but then suddenly all the text entry boxes (like the message reply box, for example, were filled with Non-Unicode blank squares.

I thought at first that a Chrome update might have screwed something up, but on closing Chrome and then restarting it the problem disappeared.

So if you're using Chrome and you experience that same problem, just close the browser and restart it, and hopefully that will sort things.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Works fine here Bill

using version 2.0.172.33 if that makes a difference h34r:

keehotee Guest

Been using Chrome in here since the first beta was released with no probs - although I do sometimes forget to untick the "argumentative" box when I reply to posts

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Been using Chrome in here since the first beta was released with no probs - although I do sometimes forget to untick the "argumentative" box when I reply to posts

I've had no other problems on here with Chrome, though I have had a few with other sites, e.g. TC and eBay, but I know that they're problems which originate in Chrome's rendering engine, Webkit, and they won't get sorted unless and until someone takes Webkit apart and puts it back together again. They're not really Google's fault.

I use Chrome, and it works ok for me.......but......what I don't like about Chrome is when you have several tabs up, and you click "close" in the top right by mistake instead of the close on the tab, it flippin closes the lot.......instantly......at least IE (spit, spit!) asked if you are sure you want to close all tabs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
    I use Chrome, and it works ok for me.......but......what I don't like about Chrome is when you have several tabs up, and you click "close" in the top right by mistake instead of the close on the tab, it flippin closes the lot.......instantly......at least IE (spit, spit!) asked if you are sure you want to close all tabs!!!
    I agree - that really annoys me...!

There's a more-or-less perfect solution to get back to where you were though:

Click on Tools (the spanner top right)
    Options
    Basics
    On Startup: Restore the pages that were open last

That will (in my experience) even give you back a text box you were typing in, with the text still there.