I'm in the Midlands, and there appears to be a trend recently where caches are set without hints being provided. This seems to be just so that the CO can "make the cache more difficult".

This does frustrate me at times. I know we all play the game in different ways, but personally I tend to use the hint pretty much all of the time.

My main frustration is where you are given no indication as to the container, and no hint, only to arrive at GZ to find a wooded area covered in ivy, and as a consequence the place gets trashed. Surely this is not something that we should be doing as geocachers?

In these instances, I tend to make a casual visual search then move on if I can't visibly see the cache, and make a note to that effect in my "DNF" log.

It's also frustrating when a series of 10+ caches on a fairly long hike all have no hint, and you walk several miles and end up with a few DNF's and have to go back piecemeal to finish things off.

I'm all for a cryptic hint, or no hint at all provided that the cache is a clever hide and the surrounding area won't get damaged.

Or is it just me moaning?