Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Etiquette?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chris and Mary B Guest

Hoping some fellow cachers might be able to offer advice.

I released our first TB 'Piglet' some time ago.

Another caher asked if he could take him to Malta (I'd said I wanted him to stay in the UK for now), and I said yes. This was all agreed, but now nothing has been heard or seen of him since July. The cacher doesn't answer my email, direct or via GC.com, though he does ahow up as having visited the site.

Any advice on what to do now? If the TB is lost/stolen/eaten/formed a new society, all well and good, but I'd like to know.

https://www.geocaching.com/track/track_deta...il.asp?ID=27372.

Chris.

The person hasn't done any caching since 26th July, though as you say he's still visiting gc.com, so it could be a temporary break. But if he won't respond to email that doesn't look very good.

You could try posting in the Groundspeak UK forum too. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't name the cacher - after all you have tried to contact him and got no response. If you name him someone may draw the post to his attention if he doesn't see it himself.

Other than that I don't know what you could try.

(Edit: I said the link wasn't working, but it is now.)
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

His first cache find was Steers View (N Yorks). He says in his log that he lives locally (log date 30 Nov 2002 though he's posted finds on it twice since&#33. You could try emailing cache owners in the area to see if anyone knows him and would have a word with him. Just a long shot!

Chris and Mary B Guest

Thanks Bill. I'll try one (or both) of those.

The Groundspeak forums are now broken, probably for some while, so unfortunately you won't be able to try that, but maybe cachers in the area will prove to be of some help. Let us know what happens.