Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Ammo boxes for sale

Omally Guest

Hi all!

Just want to sound y'all out on an idea... I was thinking of buying a large quantity of ammo boxes from a local source that has lots on offer, and then passing these on to you good folks (for a price) at the Late Xmas Bash to be organised by Team Blitz. I was thinking of selling perhaps 5 for £20 (depends how much I can get 'em for).

I'm obliged to state that I'm not interested in making anything for myself on this: any profits made I'd like to pass on to the GAGB committee so they have a little something to keep to one side for if/when it's needed.

I need to get some idea of numbers required so I don't buy too many: any takers?

I don't know about buying any, but if you want somewhere to store a large number of rusty old ammo boxes, Mrs Hornet just loves to have them stacked up in her back garden.......

What size ammo boxes are they ??
    John
    Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.

Originally posted by Pharisee@Nov 18 2003, 07:54 AM
    Doesn't really matter, Hornet's back garden is quite large.........

Omally Guest

Originally posted by Pharisee@Nov 18 2003, 07:54 AM
    Lovely great big ones, John... plenty of room for a hasp and staple!

Mr & Mrs Hedgehog Guest

Well be up for at least 5 of them.... it will make a perfect Christmas pressent for Mrs Hedgehog (don't tell her)

MCL Guest

Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog@Nov 18 2003, 05:55 PM
    Well be up for at least 5 of them.... it will make a perfect Christmas pressent for Mrs Hedgehog (don't tell her)
    Hmm. 5 old rusty tins. You really know how to romance the ladies, don't you...

Omally Guest

Originally posted by MCL+Nov 19 2003, 12:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MCL @ Nov 19 2003, 12:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr & Mrs Hedgehog@Nov 18 2003, 05:55 PM
    Well be up for at least 5 of them.... it will make a perfect Christmas pressent for Mrs Hedgehog (don&#39;t tell her)
    Hmm. 5 old rusty tins. You really know how to romance the ladies, don&#39;t you... [/b][/quote]
    I think he&#39;s been taking hints from Blitzy:

"Fancy a nice pub lunch for your birthday, dear?" :lol:

Mr &amp; Mrs Hedgehog Guest

Originally posted by MCL+Nov 19 2003, 12:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MCL @ Nov 19 2003, 12:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr & Mrs Hedgehog@Nov 18 2003, 05:55 PM
    Well be up for at least 5 of them.... it will make a perfect Christmas pressent for Mrs Hedgehog (don&#39;t tell her)
    Hmm. 5 old rusty tins. You really know how to romance the ladies, don&#39;t you... [/b][/quote]
    Well I&#39;ll place them round the countryside. Give her the co-ords to them. She&#39;ll go hunting thinking her presents are inside the boxes, then watch her face when she realises that the boxes ARE her presents

Paul G0TLG Guest

Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog+Nov 19 2003, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr & Mrs Hedgehog @ Nov 19 2003, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -MCL@Nov 19 2003, 12:48 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mr & Mrs Hedgehog
    @Nov 18 2003, 05:55 PM

Hmm. 5 old rusty tins. You really know how to romance the ladies, don&#39;t you...
    Well I&#39;ll place them round the countryside. Give her the co-ords to them. She&#39;ll go hunting thinking her presents are inside the boxes, then watch her face when she realises that the boxes ARE her presents [/b][/quote]
    By which time, presumably, you&#39;re hoping to be in another county?

Seriously, Omally, stick me down for a couple...although I&#39;m not going to be there so I&#39;ll have to rely on someone to pick them up for me. Wonder if Team Tate are reading this?

Paul

Sarah Tate Guest

Yes, we&#39;re probably going to be there Paul. So don&#39;t worry, we can pick them up for you&#33; We&#39;ll leave them in the same place as you left the kids pressies&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Not sure if we need any boxes at the mo but will let you know soon. Still have one to use.

Paul G0TLG Guest

Originally posted by Sarah Tate@Nov 19 2003, 11:09 PM
    We&#39;ll leave them in the same place as you left the kids pressies&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Excellent, in my back bedroom&#33;

Seriously, I&#39;ll remember them tonight (probably...)

Paul

The Hurigan Hoopers Guest

If the price is not too far from what you are quoting count me in for a batch of 5

Colin (of the Hurigan Hoopers)