It's that time again!

Having recovered from my amazing trip to the UK's most northerly point at the far end of Shetland* in June, I'm now planning my next extreme cache event for June 2010. I'm running out of unexplored corners of Britain (Lowestoft really is going to have to wait) but a look at the map shows me there's a tidal island off the south coast of Jersey that's just about the most southerly point in Britain - It's certainly home to what claims to be Britain's most southerly cache. The only place beyond that is the Minquiers islands, which at low tide is 100 square miles of exposed rocks and high tide a small island (0.1 squ miles?) with some fishermen's shelters on it. Jersey Kayak Adventures have sea kayak trips out to it; not cheap though, and 12 miles from Jersey, not an easy paddle either.

I'll look into cheaper/easier ways to get to the more remote island, but if nothing suitable is found, the event may be on (just off!) Jersey towards the end of June next year instead. I'll list the event when I can, and post news here as and when I have it.

A hint of what the Minquiers have to offer...

*For how amazing, have a look at my gallery. In 2008 it was St Agnes in the Isles of Scilly (UK's south point) and in 2007 it was St Kilda (UK/Britain's west point- bar Rockall!)