Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Garmin with "Geocache Mode" !

Team Paradise Guest

Check out this.

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone like Garmin got in on the act...

Steve

MCL Guest

KEEWWWLLLL!!!

I want one.

Chris n Maria Guest

What I was wondering was - where does it get the data from?

Will there be a new version of memorymap that reads GPX files?

Now that would be really cool

Chris

Paul G0TLG Guest

Oh wow! Now, what can I sell to raise four hundred-odd dollars?

I thought that "geocaching mode" meant that it made you walk round in circles, took you to the middle of the nearest boggy ground, and if it was a Blitzy cache you ended up not finding it anyway :lol:

Then, of course, you'd discover it had an automatic "forget to waypoint the car" function...

Paul

Latest news as confirmed by Garmin, the top of the range GPS60CS will go on sale in the UK in January 04. RRP of £489+vat. I for one am starting to save my pennies for one. Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Geoff & Bonnie Guest

So, in the USA its $535.70 (£315). In the UK it will be £174 +VAT more expensive. I wonder what the excuse for that differential will be.
    Geoff

Originally posted by Geoff & Bonnie@Nov 21 2003, 09:15 AM
    So, in the USA its $535.70 (£315). In the UK it will be £174 +VAT more expensive. I wonder what the excuse for that differential will be.
    Geoff
    Watch this space, as I have sent a email to Garmin asking them to explain the huge difference, which if my calculations are correct is about £259, when vat is taken into account. Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

BugznElm'r Guest

Originally posted by Mancunian+Nov 21 2003, 10:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mancunian @ Nov 21 2003, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Geoff & Bonnie@Nov 21 2003, 09:15 AM
    So, in the USA its &#036;535.70 (£315). In the UK it will be £174 +VAT more expensive. I wonder what the excuse for that differential will be.
    Geoff
    Watch this space, as I have sent a email to Garmin asking them to explain the huge difference, which if my calculations are correct is about £259, when vat is taken into account. Dave [/b][/quote]
    You expect a little variation ... up to say 15 - 20% for a company of that size but that difference is just a joke.

Kouros Guest

I think it&#39;s sad that everything costs so much more in this country.

I remember going back a few years when I worked in a shoe shop, an American visitor was surprised that a pair of Doc Martins (which were at the time still produced in this country - I seem to recall hearing that this changed recently, but I don&#39;t know if it actually happened or if I imagined it) cost more over here than they did in the US.

We sold the 8-eyelet boots for £65 (which was about standard) and his local store sold them for &#036;99.95, or about £60.

I can understand them charging a little more in the US to cover export costs, but charge less?

Shame, especially considering I always have a pair on the go, and one of the heavy duty styles are easily my favourite caching boot.

500 dollars over there - 500 pounds over here. That sounds about par for the course in rip-off Britain.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Don&#39;t foget US prices are usually quoted exclusive of sales tax (the % varies from state to state).

It *is* still more expensive though.

Lisa