Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: what size of pole would you want

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 meters

    0 0%
  • 4 meters

    1 7.14%
  • 5 meters

    3 21.43%
  • 6 meters

    0 0%
  • 7 meters

    4 28.57%
  • 8 meters

    4 28.57%
  • 9 meters

    0 0%
  • 10 meters

    2 14.29%
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A Pole of Poles - Flagpoles

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184

    Smile A Pole of Poles - Flagpoles

    we have aquired a sorce of telescopic flagpoles to go with the flags that should retail cheaper than other main retail source on the net, but due to the initial outlay we will only be stocking 1 size initially.

    so the question is is bigger better? what size do you want?

  2. #2
    keehotee Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lost it View Post
    we have aquired a sorce of telescopic flagpoles to go with the flags that should retail cheaper than other main retail source on the net, but due to the initial outlay we will only be stocking 1 size initially.

    so the question is is bigger better? what size do you want?
    Size isn't everything (apparently - it's what you do with it... )

    However....... I've got a 6m pole, *mouse* has got a 4m pole..... and we've just bought a friend an 8m. I have to say, when it comes to picking people out on a busy campsite, bigger is definitely better - so I wouldn't vote for anything smaller than 6m.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Anywhere the mood takes us
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    I personally use a 5mtr pole but then again I mainly use it on caravan sites and not as a means of being 'found' but more as a statement with my small GC.com flag and a ST Georges windsock (patriotic).

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Brizzle
    Posts
    156

    Default

    The bigger the better. If I was buying another I'd probably go for something between 6-8 metres, but ultimately it would be down to the price.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Stevenage, Herts
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Simple question: How many telescopic sections for an 8m pole? How do you get it in a car boot?

  6. #6
    keehotee Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost in Space View Post
    Simple question: How many telescopic sections for an 8m pole? How do you get it in a car boot?
    8 1 metre sections. When they're packed down, the 4m, 6m and 8m poles are all the same length - well, ours are, anyway.

  7. #7
    nobbynobbs Guest

    Default

    Well I have to say I'm more than happy with an 8m pole LOL

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here of course
    Posts
    640

    Default

    I voted 5m :cheers:

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Mendips, Somerset
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    I know when I was walking across the Mega campsite looking for the cachers area .... I spotted keehotee's flag pole first - then *mouse* by not sure if it was the size or the colour that made me see his first.

    But I would say at least 5m

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    8 1 metre sections. When they're packed down, the 4m, 6m and 8m poles are all the same length - well, ours are, anyway.
    apparently they get thicker the longer they get

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •