Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GPS in luggage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sukisuix Guest

Question GPS in luggage

Hi. I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks for the first time in a couple of years. And I'm wanting to take my GPS. What I want to know can I take it in my hand luggage on the plane, without any worries

keehotee Guest

Each airline will have it's own rules on what you can and cannot carry on board the plane. You might be better off talking to them.....

Oh - and good luck

Had mine with me on a flight to Turkey last May, Thomas Cook, just made sure I wasn't seen with it in the window h34r:

sukisuix Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Each airline will have it's own rules on what you can and cannot carry on board the plane. You might be better off talking to them.....

Oh - and good luck
    Thank you. I looked up easyjets info on baggage and looks like will be able to take. As it says that you must not include eletronic items in checked in luggage.

keehotee Guest

You might also need to check that you are legally able to use a GPS in your holiday destination....some places don't allow the use of personal civillian GPS (China for one).

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    You might also need to check that you are legally able to use a GPS in your holiday destination....some places don't allow the use of personal civillian GPS (China for one).
    Really? Never had any trouble getting GPS enabled devices in and out of PRC. Or on and off dozens of flights. Maybe I was lucky!

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rutson View Post
    Really? Never had any trouble getting GPS enabled devices in and out of PRC. Or on and off dozens of flights. Maybe I was lucky!
    My bad - I was misinformed.... apparently it is illegal in China, Russia, Turkmenistan - and on an iPhone in a car in Australia - but nobody but the Australians enforce it anymore