Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 2010 GAGB calendar

nobbynobbs Guest

Default 2010 GAGB calendar

Hi we're hoping to be able to produce another calendar for next year.

So we're after content

What we will need is a link to a photo of yours taken while out geocaching.

You will need to tell us when it was taken, which cache, your favourite colour LOL.

Thanks in advance

keehotee Guest

Last edited by keehotee; 4th September 2009 at 02:02 PM.

GC1F4M4 The Proverbial View - one for a 'winter' month

GC1D0WK Cardiff Rivers #3 Taff - one that makes me smile

If you decide that you do want to use any of these, then I have better resolution images.

nobbynobbs Guest

Last edited by Team Cobra UK; 5th September 2009 at 08:19 AM.

StuartP Guest

Just a quick note, please ensure that if possible you've got original images of the highest resolution possible. A few of last years entries had to be replaced at the last minute when it was realised that they weren't of sufficient resolution.

Simply Paul Guest

I've some pretty cool shots from my summer caching adventures; Orkney, Shetland, 3-Peaks, Mega/Weston which can be found via the Gallery link from my profile, or I do have a couple of emails with them on, as smaller imbedded images. If I knew where to send them, I would...

Took this one while walking past the location of GCZHQ3 two weeks ago

I have an 8Mp original if needed
    Last edited by DrDick&Vick; 21st November 2009 at 10:32 PM.

Out caching today. Lovely light, so i thought I'd send this one as a contribution

(Picture Links to Picasa, where the full res version can be downloaded)
    Taken pretty much standing on GCTGVG Gummers How

If you want to use any others in that album too, most were taken whilst caching and are close to caches. I can give higher res versions if needed. The one at Finsthwaite pre-dates our caching, but there's 5 caches within a few hundred yards now, including one just out of shot to the right.
    Last edited by Guanajuato; 8th October 2009 at 10:11 PM.

sukisuix Guest

This is Carnlough Co Antrim. I took this on 11th Aug this year why doing Carnlough harbour view GC19EWJ.
    Favourite colour is blue
    Last edited by sukisuix; 13th October 2009 at 08:52 AM.

sukisuix Guest

These photos were taken on 28th Aug this year, when I was at the Ulster Rally. On my way home I did a geocache, which was a couple of bends down the road from this stage of the rally. It was Mullaghsandall Bend, GC1E7RQ. Favouite colour is blue.

A few more autmnal pictures, taken today.

The nearest cache is GC1TNC8, but there's a whole ring of about 2 miles through the deer park (LLB1-5, Kaa's crossing, Monkey Business, Baloo's Brakfast, White Fawn and Raksha's Rest, and the final for Paddle & Walk No 2)

In that last one, I can confirm that the people in it are perfectly happy! That's MiniG, VMG and one half of Guanajuato.

As with my last picture, the Picasa album should give the full res version.

I do like the shot of the evo! We're off to Grizedale stages in a few weeks. Shame the caching trial in Cumbrian forests doesn't cover Grizedale, yet.

Grange bridge in the Lake District

Derwent Water near George Hodgson cache

Humphrey Head near Last Wolf

Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Quote Originally Posted by Guanajuato View Post
    stuff..
    gah, DigiSLR i take it? your pics make the ones i take look like excrement, awesome quality there!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuchan View Post
    gah, DigiSLR i take it? your pics make the ones i take look like excrement, awesome quality there!
    Actually, no! I want one though! Children tend to be a bit of a drain on the resources so I can't justify one.

Its a Fuji S5500, so about 4 revisions obsolete now. It wasn't anywhere near their top of the range camera at the time either. It has a decent zoom (10x I think), but much beyond about 5x there's terrible darkening in the corners and at the extreme end, everything just comes out washed out. I leave it on program auto exposure rather than full auto, so I can change the aperture and film speed myself.
    The most useful function is automatic bracketing, so it takes one slightly underexposed, one at what it judges to be best exposure and one slightly over exposed. I've found for landscapes that the under-exposed pictures tend to be the better ones.

Personally, I want someone to develop a digital 'film' that can be used in an old 35mm body - batteries in one side, memory & electronics in the other side. I've got an old 35mm SLR that I've not used for a long time. It was a really cheap one, but the picture quality, even with cheap films, knock socks of anything I've seen digitally. Resolution isn't everything. To my eyes, digital lacks the colour breadth of film. But I can't afford to keep getting film processed.

But those pictures, it was the natural vividness of the colours that make them. Truly, those are completely untouched from the camera. It really did look like someone had been out with the yellow spray paint!

keehotee Guest

Personally, I want someone to develop a digital 'film' that can be used in an old 35mm body - batteries in one side, memory & electronics in the other side.
    They've been around for far longer than digital point'n'shoots have - but they're pricey, and are aimed (or at least used to be) at high end SLR bodies....

Actually, no! I want one though! Children tend to be a bit of a drain on the resources so I can't justify one.

Its a Fuji S5500, so about 4 revisions obsolete now. It wasn't anywhere near their top of the range camera at the time either. It has a decent zoom (10x I think), but much beyond about 5x there's terrible darkening in the corners and at the extreme end, everything just comes out washed out. I leave it on program auto exposure rather than full auto, so I can change the aperture and film speed myself.
    The most useful function is automatic bracketing, so it takes one slightly underexposed, one at what it judges to be best exposure and one slightly over exposed. I've found for landscapes that the under-exposed pictures tend to be the better ones.

Personally, I want someone to develop a digital 'film' that can be used in an old 35mm body - batteries in one side, memory & electronics in the other side. I've got an old 35mm SLR that I've not used for a long time. It was a really cheap one, but the picture quality, even with cheap films, knock socks of anything I've seen digitally. Resolution isn't everything. To my eyes, digital lacks the colour breadth of film. But I can't afford to keep getting film processed.

But those pictures, it was the natural vividness of the colours that make them. Truly, those are completely untouched from the camera. It really did look like someone had been out with the yellow spray paint!
    err, ok, then it must be skill or timing or something, i got the s9600 after my dog ate the s5600 i had.

took a bit to get used to manual zoom but that was made up by infinitely better battery life because of it!

i got some decent shots from it if you wanna check the gallery on GC, I do think ranged it's a much better cam then closeby, but that could be just me.

edit - just reread the first part and will try those settings with mine, i'll drop some pics in off topic or my profile to let you know how that goes.
    Last edited by Ryuchan; 5th November 2009 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuchan View Post
    err, ok, then it must be skill or timing or something, i got the s9600 after my dog ate the s5600 i had.
    :You must have one BIG dog - hardly small are they! Or did it think it was a bone?

I hope you do get some good shots in the future.
    The beauty of digital is that it costs nothing to experiment with settings. Understanding the link between aperture, 'film' speed, shutter speed, exposure and depth of field is helpful. Old School camera books are generally more helpful with that than digital ones that concentrate on post-processing. I try to get it right in-camera. And the Fujis (I had an S3000 before) seem to do a great job helping in that.

If I get a bonus (I can hope, can't I!?) then I MIGHT invest in one of the new Sony Alphas, as I think my old SLR lens might fit, being a minolta fit. And they seem to be the cheapest DSLRs. Might be heading a little off topic here though.