Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: GAGB Merchandise Now Available.

StuartP Guest

Default GAGB Merchandise Now Available.

Several items of GAGB 'branded' merchandise are now available, these are being produced in collaboration with geotees.

Buy purchasing these you'll be helping to support the GAGB, at the same time letting friends, family and fellow cachers know about the GAGB.

Wander over to the geotees webshop and take a look

http://www.geotees.co.uk/index.php?cPath=59

Simply Paul Guest

This may not be the place to mention this, but since Geocaching is a trade-marked brand name, specific to Groundspeak, wouldn't it be better to call the GAGB the more generic CAGB (Caching Asso' Great Britain) to be inclusive of the alternative GPS-Treasure-Hunt sites/games, such as Terracaching and Navicaching? They are all the same game, just with different people selling advertising

Nice items btw. If I drank tea, I'd certainly consider the mug

Please see the members section and the votes on the name/constitution etc.

We have debated the name to drop the Geo. It was decided to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Paul View Post
    This may not be the place to mention this, but since Geocaching is a trade-marked brand name, specific to Groundspeak, wouldn't it be better to call the GAGB the more generic CAGB (Caching Asso' Great Britain) to be inclusive of the alternative GPS-Treasure-Hunt sites/games, such as Terracaching and Navicaching? They are all the same game, just with different people selling advertising

Nice items btw. If I drank tea, I'd certainly consider the mug
    As mongers says, this very point went to the vote months ago. I agree that dropping the geo would be more inclusive, but the majority decision was to keep the status quo.

Simply Paul Guest

Well fair enough. I'm not a member and didn't see the vote, but as it was democratic...

JeremyR Guest

Geocaching isn't TM'd anywhere on Groundspeak's website as far as I can see. The '4 coloured squares' logo and 'Groundspeak' are registered trademarks but the word geocaching is fair game, I believe, even with a capital G.

Back on topic, I'd like a GAGB mug meself. It's very hard to get a decent Cuppa-sized mug in a country where tea is drunk with ice-cubes floating in it . Tony, is international (US) shipping at all possible?

Jeremy, I quite often ship to the US so not a problem. Will try and work out what the postage would be tomorrow.

JeremyR Guest

That'd be great, ta

You have a pm. Spare arm or leg will do for surface mail and both for airmail.

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    You have a pm. Spare arm or leg will do for surface mail and both for airmail.

Thats about what it costs to ship china mugs abroad, it's almost impossible to do at a viable price. IME the best answer is a polystyrene mug pack tape hardboard around the outside, send it RM small packets and pray

About one in three will get broken so factor the replcements into the cost. My answer is quite simply not to send mugs outside the UK