Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: POI file for Trig Points

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default POI file for Trig Points

Updated to include details of stonebuilt pillars.

This will probably be the last update for quite a while, barring some unexpected discovery. I've run out of things to add to it!

Requests welcome.
    Last edited by agentmancuso; 9th September 2009 at 10:26 PM.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Thanks Bernie. Yes it's about time someone found / refound a few pillars.

Trig Points POI file updated today to include some recent status changes & Rob's discoveries in the Hebrides.

Updated today to include all 40 Project Emily trigs, plus a couple more stations in the Hebrides & a few status changes.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agentmancuso View Post
    Trig Points POI file updated today to include some recent status changes & Rob's discoveries in the Hebrides.
    Thanks Bernie. I'll try it out later - when the rain stops

Finding new trigs via the OS trig archive (as with my Kilda exercise) seems a bit longwinded currently. Is it possible to download the whole database and be done with it? Best I can see is to download as spreadsheet, one LR at a time, which is still 204 sheets, but might be a job for a rainy day (!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagina nivalis View Post
    Is it possible to download the whole database and be done with it? Best I can see is to download as spreadsheet, one LR at a time, which is still 204 sheets, but might be a job for a rainy day (!)
    The problem with that approach is that it only downloads one screen's worth at a time - i.e each page comes as a separate .xls, not each LR. Or at least it did last time I tried. I'll have another look.

Sagina nivalis Guest

(from the St Kilda trigs thread)

Quote Originally Posted by agentmancuso View Post
    the end result would be (more or less? or exactly?) the OSDB Trig Archive now available in two formats at trigonomy.
    I'd forgotten about that! All 31,467 of em (I wonder if it has changed at all since 2007).

That would seem to fit the bill. Another POI file in the making?

Incidentally, I couldn't find Castor FBM Aux 1 on the Passive DB nor the Trig archive. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Sagina nivalis; 1st November 2009 at 12:07 PM.