Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Help - New cache emails?

Default Help - New cache emails?

Hi there.

OK. This is getting annoying now. I have just spent the last half an hour trying to set up the 'automoatic email' that GC.com send to people when new cahces appear within their area.

No idea, and we've missed several potential FTF in the last 4 weeks...boohoo!!!

Any help?......(told you all I was an IT biff!)
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.

How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - TS ELLIOT

You don't say what was causing the problem but to start at the beginning.

On your account (profile) page on the right hand side under Premium Member features, go to Notifications and then create a new notification. Choose the cache type and then the type of logs for which you want to get notifications. Check the location, radius and email address then, most importantly, make sure the Enable box is ticked and then click on create. You have to repeat this for all the cache types for which you want to get notifications.

Final check that they are all ticked to enable and that should be it.
    Last edited by Just Roger; 20th September 2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Typos

If you've done all the above and you're still not getting notifications then there's a good chance that the mails are being rejected as SPAM by either your ISP or your own SPAM filters (if you've got them).

Thanks you all very much. It was so easy and obvious, but not if you are an IT biff like me!:cheers:
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.

How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - TS ELLIOT

I must set this up also, just missed out on a FTF near me, but as luck would have it there appears to be another new one just sprung up a stones throw from me, so off I pop bright and early tomorrow AM - fingers crossed!