Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: MM Help

Default MM Help

I'm having trouble importing Trigpoint POI into MM I've tried using Tom Tom & CSV but they dont show up in the overlay menu can anyone help.

Thanks

I'm not sure that can be done to be honest, at least not without a fair bit of rejigging. I use Anquet rather than MM, but I presume they work in similar ways. To get bulk data into Anquet I use GSAK with an added macro, but getting .csv files to parse properly in GSAK in the first place is problem in its own right. I have managed it in the past, but can't remember how, and evidently found it too irritating to bother continuing with.

Or can MM import .gpx files directly?

I've just noticed somewhere else - completely by chance - that MM can import .csv files directly, unlike Anquet. What sort of column structure does it need? My POI files were all designed for the Garmin POI loader, so come in a simple 4-column lon/lat/code/description format, but it should be a simple matter to rearrange these if MM needs something else.

can send you a MM .csv file if that would help

j.i.wilson Guest

Default MM

Does MM=MemoryMap?

If so the answer is in the help system - look up "IMport Data"

Below is an extract from the help. The required file can be made easily using Excel - or (I would imagine) any other spreadsheet type program.

I have imported all sorts of POI - fomr Trigs to Caravan sites. Getting the best symbol is best done by experimentation.

Extract follows - hope it helps.

Ian Wilson

================================================== =====

CSV Format
    The CSV (Comma Separated Value) format supports Marks/Waypoints, Routes, Tracks, Text and Icons. Each line starts with a two letter code identifying the type of object described, followed by two numbers that represent the format version of the line.

Each icon line of the file is in the form:

IC01,Symbol,Name.bmp

Symbol is an integer indicating the symbol type. It must be an integer larger than 100. Use the same number in the WP lines to create marks using your defined symbols. The line describing the icon must precede any marks that use that icon.

Name.bmp is the name of a bitmap file. It can be the full path, or path relative to the folder containing the CSV file. The bitmap must be 32 by 32 pixels, 16-color, and saved without compression.

Each mark / waypoint line of the file is in the form:

WP04,Lat,Lon,Symbol,Name,Comment,File,Radius,Displ ay,Unique,Visible,Locked,Category,Circle

Lat & Lon are in decimal degrees, on the WGS84 datum, N and E are positive, S and W are negative.

Symbol is an integer indicating the symbol type. Experiment with exporting some samples to get the values. -1 means use the icon of the linked file.

Name is the text name, which may be shown on the map (use quotes if the name contains a comma)

Comment is the comment shown in the properties, in escaped form to allow line-breaks

File is the full path of the linked HotSpot filename

Radius is the alarm/circle radius in meters. Enter 0 for no circle.

Display is an integer that controls the "Show label" flag. A value of 1 does not show the name, a value of 0 does. (The logic got inverted, somehow)

Unique is the unique name used when programming a GPS. Each waypoint must have a different unique name. No punctuation, etc, allowed. This may be left empty.

Visible is 1 to show the mark, 0 to hide it

Locked is 1 to lock the mark, 0 to unlock it.

Category is the category for the mark. Objects are organized by category in the Overlay Properties dialog, and you can hide or show all marks in a particular category using the Overlay -> Show All / Hide All menu commands.

Circle is the circle or alarm type:
    0 - no circle, 1 - passive circle (no alarm), 2 - Proximity alarm, 3 - Anchor alarm

Each Track line of the file is in the form:

TK01,Name,Category,visible, locked, n_points,closed_loop, color, partition_time, tick_interval, update_distance, update_interval

Name is the name of the track.

Category is the object category

n_points is the number of trackpoints following (each trackpoint is on a separate line of the CSV file, starting with "TP")

closed_loop is 1 to indicate the track represents an enclosed area, otherwise 0

color is a decimal RGB value. (experiment with exports to find what values correspond with desired colors)

partition_time sets the maximum time between trackpoints (used when adding to the track)

tick_interval is the time interval in seconds between arrows drawn on the track.

update_distance sets the minimum distance between points when adding to the track.

update_interval sets the minimum time between points when adding to the track

Each track is immediately followed by the required number of track points:

TP02,Lat,Long,Altitude,Time,Speed,Course,Heartrate

Lat and Long give the position of the point.

Altitude is the height above the Geoid given by the GPS

Time is the number of seconds since 00:00hrs GMT, Jan 1st, 1970

Speed is the speed in Knots (this field is computed from adjacent points, and is output as a convenience. It is ignored on input)

Course is the true direction of the track in degrees (this field is output as a convenience and is ignored on input)

Heartrate is a integer giving heart rate in beats per minute

Each Route line of the file is in the form:

RT01,Name,Category,visible, locked, label_legs

Label_legs is 1 to show the bearing and distance of each leg, otherwise 0.

Each route is immediately followed by the required number of waypoints:

RP01,Uniq

Uniq is the unique name of the waypoint. (All waypoints must have been defined in the file before the routes that use them).

Each Text object is in the form:

TX01,Name,Category,visible, locked, lat, long, Text, FaceName, Height, Weight,Italic, Underline, text_color, bg_color, solid_bg, box_width, dt_flags

Lat and Long give the position of the point.

Text is the displayed text, in escaped form to allow line-breaks

FaceName is the name of the font

Height is the height of the font in pixels

Weight is 400 for normal, 700 for bold

Italic is 1 for Italic, 0 for normal

Underline is 1 for underlined, 0 for normal

text_color is a decimal RGB value for the text

bg_color is a decimal RGB value for the background

solid_bg is 1 to fill the box with the background color, 0 to leave it transparent

box_width is the maximum width of the box in pixels, if the multi-line option is enabled

dt_flags is a bit mask containing flags for the alignment and multi-line option

:
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by agentmancuso View Post
    I'm not sure that can be done to be honest...

Or can MM import .gpx files directly?
    I started messing about and rebuilt the file with a little sucsess. BUT the easy way is to down load "GPS exchange" which as you sugested is *.gpx

Thanks for all your replies.

I'm glad, cos Ian's post was making my head hurt
    Last edited by agentmancuso; 21st October 2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: sp

.gpx import will work.

j.i.wilson Guest

Default MM

Glad you solved the problem

But nobody replied to my implied question - are we talking about MemoryMap?

Cheers

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by j.i.wilson View Post
    Glad you solved the problem

But nobody replied to my implied question - are we talking about MemoryMap?

Cheers

Ian
    Yes, Memory Map. Sorry for not answering Ian.

I just started using it this week as I'm hoping to buy an Oregon for Christmas. Only thing is memory map OSmaps wont work on the Oregon but you can export the routes to them, then possibly export the walked tracks to openstreetmap I could of course buy OS maps for the Oregon but they are too expensive at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinnsplace View Post
    Only thing is memory map OSmaps wont work on the Oregon but you can export the routes to them, then possibly export the walked tracks to openstreetmap
    That's pretty much what I do - plan routes on Anquet, then upload them to a Vista Cx with OSM.

Sagina nivalis Guest

As B & R said ... : Me I'm still on Anquet v1

Good to see a few new names on this Forum. DrDick&Vick ... of Walk mag fame :socool:

Quote Originally Posted by Sagina nivalis View Post
    Good to see a few new names on this Forum. DrDick&Vick ... of Walk mag fame :socool:
    ??? not seen anything?? help.

trigbagger Guest

Well I'd love to have trigpoint POI's on memory map I don't think I'll try as I'm totally confused now Me and computer technology don't go well together at all.

I needed help putting the POI's on my satnav

I use GSAK and LordElfs icons to get trigs on to Memory Map
    Works for me!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

j.i.wilson Guest

Default MemoryMap

If someone could supply me with a suitable file I will produce a MM format MMI file. I can then upload so everyone can use it.

I need something in either CSV, TXT or Excel.

Cheers

Ian Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by j.i.wilson View Post
    If someone could supply me with a suitable file I will produce a MM format MMI file. I can then upload so everyone can use it.

I need something in either CSV, TXT or Excel.

Cheers

Ian Wilson
    Ian, there's no need to do that, all anyone needs to do is download "GPS exchange" which is a *.gpx then in the Overlay, Import, Open = Files of type -change to GPS exchange. It was just that I had only just started using Memory Map and didn't have the knowledge to do the import.
    The way the original CSV was made was not compatible with MM (export from Anquet and GSAK ?).
    Would you have a walk through for making a CSV?

Quote Originally Posted by Djinnsplace View Post
    The way the original CSV was made was not compatible with MM (export from Anquet and GSAK ?).
    Spot on

Though in practice, the layout of my POI files is dictated by the narrow requirements of the Garmin POI loader, rather than any of the other stages in the process.
    Last edited by agentmancuso; 25th October 2009 at 07:35 PM.

DarlenewesBamnmade Guest

Default MM Help

ok its not like its graphical lag or anything but whenever i click something it takes like 5 seconds to appear, which is a pain. It goes on and off the first 15 min its normal then the next it starts again. PLZ HELP ME TY

Quote Originally Posted by DarlenewesBamnmade View Post
    ok its not like its graphical lag or anything but whenever i click something it takes like 5 seconds to appear, which is a pain. It goes on and off the first 15 min its normal then the next it starts again. PLZ HELP ME TY
    Are you talking about Memory Map?
    The only time I get that is upon clicking the Props button. I do some times have a delaym If I've imported the large GPX file for the trigs but thats due to the data being loaded into memory.