Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: IMPORTANT: Please read

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    paul.blitz Guest

In the next week, we are moving the gagb.org.uk domain.

Whilst we move it, there may be a period when you won't be able to find either the current site or the new site... apologies if that happens, but theres little we can do about that.

If you get stuck, then please try accessing https://www.gagb.org.uk (ie without the ".uk" on the end)... you may find that WILL work! Failing that, just take the evening off, and try again the following day!

Similarly, whilst we will try hard to keep things running, you may find that these forums are unavailable for a period... again, we'll be working to keep disruption to a minumum.

Thanks all!

Paul
    GAGB Committee

paul.blitz Guest

As a follow-on to the previous post, I'd like to say a VERY BIG THANKS to both Tim & June for all the hard work they have put in to the GAGB, to get us to where we are today.

Not only did they create the organisation and set up this website (at their own expense), they have spent a lot of their time to speak to / meet with several landowners / national organisations, and thus paved the way for things like the agreement currently being drawn up to allow caching in the New Forest.

As a result of all their hard work, GAGB is now being seen as "the UK's contact point for Geocaching": Tim has just passed on to the committee an amazingly positive email from [i]another[i] major UK landowner / organisation who wants to allow geocaching.... (I'm sure we'll be able to tell you some good news on that in the next few weeks).

Finally, I'd also like to thank them for their courage and willingness to allow GAGB to move forward as a democratic organisation, being run by its members for its members.

I write this posting in a personal capacity, but I have no doubt that all the membership are grateful for Tim & June's hard work.

Paul

AS an "ordinary" member, may I add my thanks to those of Paul in acknowledging the great contribution Tim and June have made to our sport/game and to getting GAGB off the ground. I may not always have agreed with their actions but am very grateful to them for the time, effort and money that they have put into Geocaching.
    Enjoy your caching!

As a Founder member of GAGB, I've seen a lot of the hard work that Tim & June put into it. Much of this hard work was behind the scenes and they worked selflessly to make it happen.

T&J, Thanks for innovating a future into UK geocaching.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Omally Guest

Well played, Tim n June!

MCL Guest

Absolutely.
    What OMally said.

Yes, thanks. There are always a few who are prepared to put themselves out for the many.
    It only takes one drink to get me drunk, but I can never remember if it was the thirteenth or fourteenth.

We would also like to add our appreciation to Tim & June for their work in getting GAGB up and running.
    Also to Paul Blitz and the new committee. Long live Geocaching and of course the GAGB.

Happy Caching from Colin & Daphne

NattyBooshka Guest

Basically what they all said. Thanks for getting this going, for your effort (and funds) in keeping it going, and for everything else you have done for this sport. We too have not always agreed with you, but in the main we have, and we are very grateful for the work you have carried out on behalf of the many.

BugznElm'r Guest

Excellent news.

Well done and many thanks, Tim and June!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​