Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: I don't belieeeeve it!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I don't belieeeeve it!

As many of you will know, I have "form" over at Groundspeak for daring to mention "Charity" in the forums and on a cache or two. I was idly browsing their forum this morning while waiting for my newspaper to arrive and I found this thread

A more blatant case of "Do as I say, not as I do" I could hardly imagine. Sigh!

In addition to the forum thread, there was also a "Weekly Mailer Addendum" about the subject sent out, further clogging my inbox with information I didn't want.
    hmy:
    Paul

Looks like Jeremy strongly believes that Charity begins at home, well for him at least.

choccymandm Guest

"If Groundspeak wins the challenge with your help, we will throw in another $10,000 of our own money"

Does that mean Jeremy and Co. with be stumping up the extra $10,000 from the own pockets or more likely from the funds we pay for premium membership!!

Also noticed that the Abbreviations thread has been very heavily moderated.

Frankly I'm not surprised - if I was a mod I'd have deleted half that thread too - a lot of it wasn't fit for a forum on public view and bore no relevance to the OP's question.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    As many of you will know, I have "form" over at Groundspeak for daring to mention "Charity" in the forums and on a cache or two. I was idly browsing their forum this morning while waiting for my newspaper to arrive and I found this thread

A more blatant case of "Do as I say, not as I do" I could hardly imagine. Sigh!

So who is going to "Bell the cat" by posting a question about it on the GC forum? :

Should I be brave enough? Is it my turn to be banned? :lol:
    Try not to let your mind wander...........
    It's too small and fragile to be out by itself

Simply Paul Guest

No one look at me. I know a no-win situation when I see one. "It's ours, we can do what we like with it" has been the mantra for a while now, and me or anyone else sticking their oar in isn't going to change that.

I was thinking about having a few hundred 'Extreme' coins made but that plan was scrapped when there's no GC-trackable system which doesn't line their pockets. Tis a shame but I get by very well as a non Premium Member now, showing Jezza et al what I think in the cold hard language of bottom-line income.

Oh well. I've only been and done it!
    This has just been posted on the main US forum............

"I wish the DARPA project well and am encouraged by the support shown by US cachers.
    Many UK cachers would totally agree with your description of the research project, and its worthy motives.
    Equally, many UK cachers are fully supportive of charitable organisations, both at home and overseas, and the undoubted benefits that they can bring to the community.
    There are, therefore, quite a few UK cachers who are surprised at the ambivalent attutude displayed by Groundspeak regarding "charity" events and their promotion.
    It would appear that encouraging support for a US based charity is acceptable on this forum, while any mention or support of a UK based charity is not.
    I accept that, since Groundspeak owns/hosts this forum, it can decide on what content it allows to be posted here.
    As a premium member, I feel that I am entitled to ask a polite and respectful question of Groundspeak.
    Should Groundspeak be lucky enough to win the $40,000, Jeremy has indicated that "we" will add a further $10,000.
    Does the "we" mean that Groundspeak employees will contribute this extra amount from their own pockets?
    Or will the money come from corporate funds to which all premium members have "contributed" "

Now, how long do I have to wait before my ban arrives? :wacko:
    Try not to let your mind wander...........
    It's too small and fragile to be out by itself

If the "charity" activity winds you up, then you really won't belieeeeeve this...
    https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...QTD&Submit6=Go
    ...a NEW VIRTUAL CACHE!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Humphrey View Post
    If the "charity" activity winds you up, then you really won't belieeeeeve this...
    https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...QTD&Submit6=Go
    ...a NEW VIRTUAL CACHE!
    We're not premium members so have been spared the opportunity to get wound up :lol:
    We like Greens