Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Where are all the MegaCaches

porcelainhammer Guest

Question Where are all the MegaCaches

Some would say it's not all about the numbers but....I've hit all the caches in my immediate area and am casting my net wider. I stumbled upon the UK Mega Series (GC1JZKT) and Mega Series 2 placed by Lord of the Cachers in Hampshire. :socool: These are >100 caches in a nearby series. I was wondering whether any similarly mammoth cache series' exist in the UK and if so where?

There's the Sussex Amble series:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...e-512ad8bb1a56

70+ caches, which overlaps with a couple of smaller series along its route.

There are many more. As you're Surrey-based you won't need to know about the Witton Weaver's Way. But a closer one with over 100 caches is http://www.chilternhundred.drsolly.com/.

porcelainhammer Guest

Default Wwwbt

Thanks for the advise. I checked out the Weavers Wav as well (GC1MC1Y). Now I just have to contrive a reason to travel to Blackburn that will wash with the wife.

zwei ormers Guest

One of the Guernsey teams is working their way through a pack of playing cards slowly but surely....

not sure how HH worked out you are Surrey based :wacko: however if that is the case, there are a number of shorter rings in Surrey that you may be interested in... Check out our GC.com profile (purple_pineapple) for a bookmark list of cache rings, and as we are surrey as well, its possibly slightly biased towards this end of the country!

For example (blatant self promotion) the mugswell series is about 60 caches in a circular walk, should take about 7 hours to complete, and there are lots of other walks that take a few hours in surrey and sussex.

cheers!