Bearing in mind that we will be having an in-depth discussion on all aspects of membership, I am specifically NOT wanting to put ANTHING to do with membership into the Standing Orders yet!

So, here's my first thoughts

----------------------------------

Standing Orders of The Geocaching Association of Great Britain

A Elections

1. Whenever an election is required, the Executive Committee shall appoint a Returning Officer. It is strongly suggested that the Returning Officer should be a neutral party, and not a GAGB member.

2. It will be the responsibility of the Returning Officer to decide the form of the election (eg electronic online poll, by email…), and the type of vote (eg single transferable vote, multiple non-transferable vote…)

3. It is suggested that the election for Chairman be held first, followed by the election for the 5 members of the Executive Committee.

4. Results of the election (winners, number of votes cast for each candidate) should be posted on the relevant GAGB forum within 24 hours of the close of the election.

B Executive Committee meetings

1. Minutes of all Executive Committee meetings should be taken by an appointed member.

2. Agreed content of the minutes should be posted on the GAGB forums within 7 days, after having been agreed by the Chairman or other nominated Committee member.

C GAGB “property”

1. Members who hold any form of property (eg Domain names, Web accounts) on behalf of the GAGB will verify that they are willing to release this property to a nominated member at the request of the committee.

------------------------------

OK, lets bounce ideas around for a few days, then I'd do what I've done with the constitution, and post a suggested document for a week's discussion & a week's vote.

Can you think of any other things that ought to go in there?

Can I suggest (coz I did this whilst chatting to Dave (of The Wombles)) that you double check what the constitution says first... there's quite a few thing that don't need to be in SO's simply coz they are already in the constitution!

Paul B
(hoping he's using the right account this time!