Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Advice Please

Default Advice Please

Hi all,

Please can I have some advice. We are putting together a series that covers all parts of Buckinghamshire. It will consist of 27 caches (Alphabet plus a bonus). My question is this.... When we have placed them, do we send them for review all at once or send them through a few at a time?

Many thanks

Nicky

Warn your local reviewer first!

Drop them a line and ask.
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

nobbynobbs Guest

ditto, the hardest bit will be to get the permission for them all. Then before you go much further than that contact your reviewer.
    Let them know what you're doing and where.
    that way you can hopefully miss out from making annoying mistakes like placing one near the final of a puzzle.

Hi
    As I'm the reviewer for Buckinghamshire (Southern England) it will be me reviewing them

Best way is to create all 27 cache pages (when you submit them make sure the box 'Yes this listing is active' is NOT ticked and they won't go for review. You can then work on them as you want. Once everything is in place just submit them all at the same time or if you want them published a few at a time then just submit those you want reviewed. I'll work through them and my method is to place them 'on hold' until I've finished reviewing them all. Then I publish them. If there are any that are problematical.... I'll send them back to be sorted out. Once everything is ready then off they go! Please make sure you add any relevant information onto the cache as a 'note to reviewer'.

Can I suggest you look at the guidelines and landowner permission details for the UK here on the GAGB and also my resource website where there are links to all the relevant guidelines and mapping resources we use (like the MAGIC map) that will enable you to see locations where we require proof of permission (nature reservers, forestry etc etc).

Any questions you can email me directly through my geocaching.com profile.

Chris
    Graculus
    Volunteer UK Reviewer - geocaching.com
    UK Geocaching Information & Resourcs site http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/

Thank you very much Chris. I sent an email to Deceangi as I thought he was our reviewer (oops).

Many thanks for the website I will take a look now we are starting to make the caches up ready so hopefully we should be sorted soon.

Thank you

Nicky and Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Smithbats View Post
    Thank you very much Chris. I sent an email to Deceangi as I thought he was our reviewer (oops).

Many thanks for the website I will take a look now we are starting to make the caches up ready so hopefully we should be sorted soon.

Thank you

Nicky and Alan
    Saves me answering the email, pointing out Chris covers your area .

My names on the Publish logs for a few caches in your area due to the period, when there was only one UK Reviewer

Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Oh that's OK Dave if you want the series to review

Chris (MrB)
    Graculus