The below was posted by someone. It is a thought provoking comment that I felt needed to be raised on the open forums for people to read, digest, think about and comment on. It's touches on several aspects that are extremely important and need to be addressed. So:

The GAGB seems to consist of:-

1.A forum visited by a dozen or so regulars who pop in, add a couple of letters to a couple of threads, maybe answer a quiz question, then depart as soon as they arrived.

2.The GLAD.

We are offering our members absolutely nothing apart from a little used off-topic forum and a static database that, let's be honest, only the reviewers and people having permission problems ever visit.
News and local issues are being catered for on the GS forums - and even more so on local forums.
Caching stats are looked after - very well - by icache, which stole a march on us by taking up where GeocachingUK left off. It's not as though we didn't have the chance to get in there, either. We were just too slow.
Tech issues are covered in the GS forums, on Chris's site, and elsewhere on the web.
It seems like even my Facebook camping events page gets more visitors than we do here.

Let's face facts - the site doesn't work. There is very VERY little here to bring in new membership, let alone keep them. How many visits would we even get if the reviewers didn't direct people here? We can't compete against the other caching forums - even newly established ones. So what, exactly, can we do to improve things?

As an example - the only way forward I can see is as a general information site such as
this. Ok - it's got nothing to do with caching, but it has a format that we could use. We need to build on what we can actually offer people that they aren't already getting elsewhere - which we don't seem to be doing at the moment.

In fairness, it's not just the web end that is WAY overdue for a revamp, but the whole ethos of the GAGB. The caching community in this country doesn't need us, so we either come up with something that makes them want us, or we are as dead as the site.