Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Flotsam & Jetsam EXTREME - tempted?

RuberyBlue Guest

Default Flotsam & Jetsam EXTREME - tempted?

I've added this cache onto my watch list, thought it was due for archiving last year so great to see it still up and running. Its one of these caches I can't decide whether I'd like to attempt it or not, my youthful adventurous side says 'Yeah', my sensible 40+ risk averse side says 'Nah'.

Would you?

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...3-e194a4562465

RB

I think that at 63 and a bit arthiritic I shall give that one a miss.
    10 years ago I would have been in there arthritis or not but now maybe just stay at home and opcorn:

Do what I did. Having a bad back I also felt it wasn't a good idea. So I was the one who stayed behind 'on shore' with a two way radio to the intrepid cachers. In the event of problems I would be able to call the coast guard.... in fact I just sat in the sun listening the planes at Bristol and trying to explain to passers by why there was a bunch of mud stained people walking out across the estuary.

Chris (MrB)

Quote Originally Posted by RuberyBlue View Post
    I've added this cache onto my watch list, thought it was due for archiving last year so great to see it still up and running. Its one of these caches I can't decide whether I'd like to attempt it or not, my youthful adventurous side says 'Yeah', my sensible 40+ risk averse side says 'Nah'.

Would you?

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...3-e194a4562465

RB
    My sensible 50+ side said, "You've had that cache on Watchlist for ages. Now that mad Von-Horst bloke has thrown down the challenge and you've got no plausible get-out excuse so you'd better go and do it, along with the rest of the dafter south Wales mob." :wacko:

So I did!

It was good fun. But definitely a cache to do in a group, if possible, because then everyone helps and encourages each other.

Definitely listen to your 'youthful adventurous head' .... and go and do.

*mouse* and I did it in Sept 2008 and had a great 4 hours slip sliding in the mud .... and both said we would do it again.

'Follow me Chaps' and his dog regularly go out at the Spring tides, so I am sure he would be only too willing to join you if you wanted.

JFDI! - we were with VH & Mrs B and a good few others and loved it, we had a great day. But be warned, it alters your perspective on caching, that half hidden placcy box in a lay-by won't be so tempting any more

Do it!

As Maple Leaf says we had a great time doing this cache.
    And if the date is right then I'd be very tempted to go out there again.