Thanks Thanks:  5

Thread: The Active Cacher - 2010 walking mileage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RuberyBlue Guest

Default The Active Cacher - 2010 walking mileage

I've set up this discussion to see if the forums active cachers would be interested in regularly logging their walking mileage and ascent to get a first hand view of how geocaching is positively influencing our health and fitness habits.

(I suggest a list is maintained by copying previous entries, pasting them into your reply and annotating with your mileage/footage! Deleting as appropriate for future updates).

I have listed my current details below, not very impressive at the moment. Please feel free to publish your complete 2010 details to date (if known).

RuberyBlue – 16 miles, 750 feet ascent.

keehotee Guest

There is a Garmin site that my other half uses that does a similar thing - allows you to upload your tracklogs and tallies them up. I'm sure if I prod her later when we're home she'll add some details

looks like a seeion on Memory Map to retrace my walks over the last 8 weeks.

This is a great idea. I've been doing something simular for myself since the new year. Want to try and walk 500 miles this year if I can (and if my knee allows!)

I've been recording my data on use the Garmin Connect website - it automatically records all the data in my uploaded track logs and allows me to keep tabs on my mileage, elevation etc....

I love it - have copied some screen caps below so you know what it looks like. Totally free, so if you're into keeping records of things like this I can really recommend it. Have been using it since the 1st January this year and so far really like it as a way for recording my distances.

My geocaching mileage so far this year is 39.06 and elevation is at least 4256ft.

January 26.75 miles and 2973 ft elevation
    February 12.31 miles and 1283 ft elevation

The elevation is out though as I had to upload half of the tracks manually so didn't have the data.

Last edited by *mouse*; 27th February 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: typos

Interesting!

If you have a Garmin account already, you can use the same username and password to sign in to the Connect site!

I'm having a play!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Last year I walked - Hours walked 254:16:00 Distance Walked 685.28 Avr Speed of 3.68mph

Which included urban and hill walking, caching etc.

I used http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ and made a spreadsheet to keep track.

If anybody wants the spreadsheet let me know.