Thanks Thanks:  7

Thread: GAGB Icon Thingey on Firefox Bookmark Toolbar

Thumbs down GAGB Icon Thingey on Firefox Bookmark Toolbar

I've got lots of shortcuts for my fav sites on my Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar. Most have custom icons - except the GAGB site. Are there any plans to create one?

Nick

PS - I've just taken my contact lenses out...........thought the red thing was a question mark - but know looks like a thumbs down!
    Last edited by Nick&Ali; 20th March 2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Very tired and just got in from work......

A favicon
    HTML code needed in the page <head> is:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> but I notice it is there on the GAGB site so not sure why it doesn't display unless the actual image is missing from the site?

Here is the GAGB logo reduced to 32x32 pixels

Chris (MrB)
    Last edited by Graculus; 20th March 2010 at 09:52 AM.

Hmm, we don't seem to have a favicon... Strictly it should be 16 x 16 pixels, and I don't think our logo would work at that size. I'll take a look...

Oh, and the red thing is a thumbs down...
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

We now have a favicon.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    We now have a favicon.
    Not working for me.
    Last edited by Nick&Ali; 20th March 2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: At least I got the right ? icon this time!

Quote Originally Posted by nicktinknick View Post
    Not working for me.
    Aha! Yes it does. Had my shortcut leading straight to the forums, but now changed it to the home page. It works. Thanks a lot for the quick reply and solution.

- I'm planning a quick trip over to Europe on my motorbike to try and get 6 caches in 6 different countries in less than 24 hrs. Having problems with the route though.England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and Luxembourg are the targets....... Can you work that one out for me as well Bill?

Aha! Yes it does. Had my shortcut leading straight to the forums, but now changed it to the home page. It works. Thanks a lot for the quick reply and solution.

- I'm planning a quick trip over to Europe on my motorbike to try and get 6 caches in 6 different countries in less than 24 hrs. Having problems with the route though.England, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany and Luxembourg are the targets....... Can you work that one out for me as well Bill?
    No problem - I'm surprised I hadn't noticed that we didn't have a favicon!

As to your motorbike trip, good luck with it, but I think you're going to have to plan it yourself...

Stuey might be a useful cacher to contact for advice. I know he's done quite a bit of caching around those countries...

Ah

Just remembered... Weren't you aiming to break his record? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    Stuey might be a useful cacher to contact for advice. I know he's done quite a bit of caching around those countries...

Ah

Just remembered... Weren't you aiming to break his record? :lol:

But it's our record. We did 3 countries in 24 hrs first. So there. (Although pretty sure he did it quicker than we did.........but don't tell him that)

if you are on a bike its easy to do 6 , if you wanna push it take a boat in denmark and head for malmo, you can make 8?

just make sure you grab belgium/holland/luxembourgh before you hit germany, then it's autobahn galore to denmark, you could be there before 7pm easily which gives you enough time to get to Sweden

AA routeplanner starting at ashford (first train of the day and cache #1) train -> France, Belgium, Luxembourgh, Holland, Germany, Denmark boat -> Malmo Sweden estimates 16 hrs, but you can shave of time in germany if you are so inclined

This was a quick planned route putting in via xyz's at random, so it can probably be finetuned

GL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuchan View Post
    if you are on a bike its easy to do 6 , if you wanna push it take a boat in denmark and head for malmo, you can make 8?

just make sure you grab belgium/holland/luxembourgh before you hit germany, then it's autobahn galore to denmark, you could be there before 7pm easily which gives you enough time to get to Sweden

AA routeplanner starting at ashford (first train of the day and cache #1) train -> France, Belgium, Luxembourgh, Holland, Germany, Denmark boat -> Malmo Sweden estimates 16 hrs, but you can shave of time in germany if you are so inclined

This was a quick planned route putting in via xyz's at random, so it can probably be finetuned

GL!
    or you go really harcore and go south after UK/FRA/BE/NL/LUX/GER via Liechtenstein/Switserland/Austria to Italy, then you can get 10 perhaps
    about 17 hrs that trip, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuchan View Post
    or you go really harcore and go south after UK/FRA/BE/NL/LUX/GER via Liechtenstein/Switserland/Austria to Italy, then you can get 10 perhaps
    about 17 hrs that trip, lol
    -Thanks, but am I right in thinking you don't ride a motorbike? Not sure I will have the required concentration to ride that far in one go - not to mention the seat area!:wacko:

If I do it, it will be on a strict budget as a holiday we are planning in a few months is going to break the bank.

10 in a day - ridiculous suggestion............but 10 in a day............an almost unbreakable record once it's got.............. tempting ................... done a trip into Germany and Italy from Austria before - very straight forwards............very good roads in Germany where you can make up time........ Damn Ryuchan - stop putting ideas into my head!:lol:

you're welcome

Great !! - What's a "Favicon" I have an MSN front page - added the site to my favourites and it seems to work !!

Is there anyway of converting a googlemaps route into a GPX file?