Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Wagga Wagga Australia Mega Event Easter 2010

Mr.Coffee and the Coffee Clan Guest

Default Wagga Wagga Australia Mega Event Easter 2010

At Easter 2010 in Wagga Wagga New South Wales Australia there will be Australia's first Mega Event. This is being put together by the members of the Riverina Geocaching Group and Several others including myself.
    I apologise if this thread is not suitable being based in Australia but if anyone was planning to visit Australia we would love you to attend.
    The actual cache event has not been published as yet but on word of mouth and many emails we have over 500 cache names from Australia and overseas committing to attending even at this stage.
    The event is being held at the Scoout camp which caters for over 1700 people and there is huge things planned including music, caches, fireworks, prizes, shows etc etc.
    If you require any further info feel free to email me or PM me for further info.
    http://www.rivcache.com/

Mr C, I don't think anyone will get too uptight about you posting in here, but I think you're stretching it a bit if you think anyone's going to make a 10,000+ mile trip to attend an event. Having said that, if I was already plannig to be in Oz I'd certainly put it on my itinery so you might drum up a few additional attendees.

Good luck and hope the event is a success :cheers:

Mr C, we have no problem with you posting an ad for a caching event here. As martybartfast says, you probably won't get many extra attendees by doing so, but your posting about it here is fine.

Wagga Wagga is somewhere I've always wanted to visit because of the name, which I love, but I'm afraid my finances prohibit that.

---
    Bill, Chairman GAGB
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Default Hello to all in the UK

Just a quick note to let the wonderful geocachers in the UK know that the planned Mega event in Easter 2010 in Wagga Wagga has been listed. I have attached a link and it would be awesome if someone from your country did attend.<p>
    https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...b-60e91f8a75f1
    or
    http://rivcache.com/mega

Again if anyone would like anymore information feel free to send me an email at
    georgei@bigpond.net.au and if you are in Victoria Melbourne and need help with a cache feel free to ring the Coffee Hotline on 0401 496649
    Regards Mr.Coffee and the "yes I drink lots of coffee" Coffee Clan. (Ian)

Hello to all Geocachers in Great Britain. Our OZ Mega event is not far off and being the first in Australia there are some excited geocachers here.
    If anyone is planning a big trip here for the event we would love to hear from you before you set off. The best link for what's on and what's happening over Easter in Wagga Wagga can be found on the following link: http://www.rivcache.com/
    If anyone is planning to visit Australia at any stage feel free to contact me anytime for any info on caching in Australia.
    I am enjoying reading your forum and stories of caching in Great Britain.:cheers:
    Regards Mr.Coffee and the Coffee Clan.:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Russell123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee and the Coffee Clan View Post
    Hello to all Geocachers in Great Britain. Our OZ Mega event is not far off and being the first in Australia there are some excited geocachers here.
    If anyone is planning a big trip here for the event we would love to hear from you before you set off. The best link for what's on and what's happening over Easter in Wagga Wagga can be found on the following link: If anyone is planning to visit Australia at any stage feel free to contact me anytime for any info on caching in Australia.
    I am enjoying reading your forum and stories of caching in Great Britain.:cheers:
    Regards Mr.Coffee and the Coffee Clan.:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
    best Luck