Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Where to log???

Default Where to log???

I have just come home from my first ever geocaching walk. I found 2 caches. I swapped stuff and completed the log, but can i log that I have found those two online anywhere?

Hi,
    from another newish cacher. I was pointed in the direction of GSAK to record and log all my finds and planning for further forays ! It can be downloaded free, but to get the full programme costs a few quid. I am constantly finding new parts of the programme, and I am a real technophobe. The other thing to do is to find a local event to your area and go and speak to other cachers. I am going to one on Sunday and will try and grab someone who can assist. Better logging makes for better memories !

good luck

Palujia
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by bmatbev View Post
    I have just come home from my first ever geocaching walk. I found 2 caches. I swapped stuff and completed the log, but can i log that I have found those two online anywhere?
    Go to the cache pages for the two caches and in the top right hand corner click on 'Log your Visit' and proceed from there.

Welcome, and well done

The cache owner will appreciate that you log the find of their cache on-line. They will appreciate it even more if you can put a couple of sentences about your hunt/find rather than just putting "Did swaps, SL, TFTC."*

*In case you haven't come across geocaching abbreviations yet, that stands for Signed log, thanks for the cache.

I see you managed to log them both and that you got a 2TF (2nd to find) on the second one. Well done and welcome to the addiction.