Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Caching Names

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Caching Names

It would be presumptious of me to suggest that this hasn't been done before, but as I can see from the "Welcome" thread lots of new names are appearing. So:-
    How did you select your Geocaching "Handle" and does it have a special meaning. For instance
    Ours :- Palujia
    It was our Cat breeding prefix and made up from the letters of my name Paul, "she who must be obeyed" Judith and our first Siamese Julia
    There are some real goodies out there
    Care to share ??
    PS If you see us at any event you can tell us by the car number plate on Big Ange !!
    PPS That's why I'm also known as Mystic Mog

cheers
    Palujia
    Si vis pacem para bellum

RuberyBlue Guest

Mines a little sad compared to yours:

Home location + Footie team

Having said that it has been my regular forum name elsewhere prior to caching.

RB
    KRO!

We are Richard and Vicky, the DrDick bit came from when I worked in a wine bar and was a bit of a agony uncle and saved a few relationships.I was also First Aid trained for 35 years and on a few occasions when the alcohol got the better of some people I used the training to good purpose. So when we started caching I was going to be DrDick but erindoors wanted to join in and so we became DrDick&Vick.

Great - but only two - there are some great names out there - come on share the thoughts behind that really great caching name !!!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

We started caching as Dave & Nicky but wanted a name which included the kids. "The Wombles" seemed appropriate for hiding in bushes and CITO.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

I was trying to think of a suitably witty username on another forum some time ago, so I wandered round the office looking for inspiration. Got to the kitchen area, and a certain breakfast cereal was staring at me...

Mine used to be an old computer game tag which was Surfa14 but decided I fancied being SurfaBoy instead. I'm a Surfer and I'm a Boy. Simple.

My full caching name is Nohope1972. The first part comes from the answer a teacher at school gave when I asked what my chances were of passing my exams and getting a decent job (I managed to prove him wrong). The second part gives away my date of birth. I've used the name for years for computer game tags and in other forums.

:socool:

Right, it's a long story; bear with me. l'm a married heterosexual but when we lived in London we'd frequent a gay bar over the road from our flat. I also organised the mountain bike rides programme for the London Cycling Campaign. (Still with me?)

My dancing skills in my local bar were so bad that I was nicknamed "Bronco" as in bucking bronco. One day I cycled past the bar covered in mud after a ride. One of the regulars saw me and shouted after me "who's a muddy Bronco, then?" So from then on the rides' schedule was publicised as Muddy Bronco mountain bike adventures. And I've used the name for most forums that I'm on.

Actualy it wasn't that long was it?