Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hello everyone =0)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello everyone =0)

Just a wee note to say hello =0) I am fairly new to the sport/hobby.
    I first became aware of geocaching thanks to CSI/NCIS or a similar programme a few years ago and had forgotten about it until an neighbour told me about this really cool thing he had discovered on-line =0) again I kinna forgot about it for a few weeks until I found a boxed,unused GPSr in my parents loft whilst helping out doing some tidying up =0).........
    I remember there is something you can do with these............ A quick search on-line led me to Geocaching . com after a few days playing around and looking for some local caches I discovered there were several within walking distance from my house =0)
    A few more days trying to work out how to actually use the GPSr I chose a couple (one traditional and one virtual) put in the co-ordinates and off I went I got to the first and was at ground zero on the GPS and looked around "If I were to hide something it would be................ there" and it was =0) with all the excitement and a little argument with my phone I thought I might have put the wrong date in the log =0( but I didn't want to bring any attention to the cache so I left it and went on to the next then returned home with a big smile on my face and logged my finds
    Since then I have grabbed a couple that were on route to doing other things and hope to be planing a few trips further afield to get some more
    Anyway that wasn't so much of a wee note but Hello to you all =0)

Thumbs up

Welcome to this wonderful addiction called Geocaching.
    I see that you have now found a few so you are well and truly addicted and will need a regular fix from now on hmy:
    Hope you become a regular poster on the forums , maybe post a few pictures in the Favorite Caching Memoriess section.

=0) thanks for the welcome
    I hope to be contributing to the forum as much as much as posible.
    everytime I am going on a trip I quickly check the hide/seek section to see what is hidden in the area I am going to, and with the summer school holidays coming up (and having an overactive 8 year old) I plan to do several walking/caching trips =0)
    oh and hopefully will be making it to some of the upcoming events localy.