Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: FAO Committee - February 2010 suggestions

RuberyBlue Guest

Default FAO Committee - February 2010 suggestions

I'm back onto these I have briefly minuted the suggestions made in February 2010 for the GAGB's consideration and logged where I think we are with these. For those of you new to the forums these suggestions can be found in the Discussions on GAGB Membership section:

Suggestion 1: Committee page. I don't feel this has been adequately responded to. Needs some thought, dedicated webpage?
    Suggestion 2: Charities. Agreed not good idea. CLOSED.
    Suggestion 3: Calendar. Up and running. CLOSED.
    Suggestion 4: Merchandise. Still no advertising, is fund raising a priority? Needs some thought, dedicated webpage?
    Suggestion 5: Cacher Of The Month. I have endeavoured to contact previous owner of site without response. Still open.
    Suggestion 6: Hall of fame. Still open.
    Suggestion 7: Profile/ annual awards. Still open. What plans, if any, for the MEGA.
    Suggestion 8: Kit reviews. Forum section in place. CLOSED.
    Suggestion 9: Cache walks. Needs some thought, dedicated webpage?
    Suggestion 10: Articles. Needs some thought, dedicated webpage?
    Suggestion 11: GAGB themed caching challenges. Still open.
    Suggestion 12: Advertise GAGB more. Still open.
    Suggestion 13: CITO and link ups. Still open, ongoing challenge.
    Suggestion 14: Lottery. CLOSED.
    Suggestion 15: Focus on new members. Forum section up and running. Would be nice to see some involvement from other Committee members. CLOSED.
    Suggestion 16: Weekly Geo Word Challenge. Failure (sorry!) CLOSED.
    Suggestion 17: Caching profile. Ongoing, needs more participants. CLOSED.

By my reckoning thats 6 closures with the remainder still up for discussion. I will be posting up a couple more suggestions in the next day or two for people's thoughts.

RB
    KRO!

StuartP Guest

Suggestion 1 https://www.gagb.org.uk/meet-the-committee.php
    Suggestion 5 I too have been unsuccessful in getting in touch with the previous 'owner' I'd be happy to discuss further by pm / email your thoughts on this.
    Suggestion 9 Again I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this in more detail.
    Suggestion 13 Watch this space

I'm sure an 'official' response will be forthcoming from the committee.

how about, regional monthly/bi-monthly meetings/events?

For example : GC12345 SE England GAGB meet 15th of July?
    A committee* member attends if possible, talk caching and GAGB

A good way to promote awareness of GAGB as well as to educate (new) cachers in the ways of what GAGB does?

just a thought

*addendum, perhaps expand the committee with a GAGB 'reps' group to fulfil said roles?

Suggestion 4: Merchandise. Products displayed on the Home page of the website
    Suggestion 6: Hall of fame - iCache was more or less covering that
    Suggestion 9: Cache walks. sections on days out and caching memories should be enough for members to post up walsk info.
    Suggestion 10: Articles once again there is a forum section for members to submit caching memories and pictures
    Suggestion 12: Advertise GAGB more 1000 Button Badges for distribution at the Mega, also members could leave GAGB card or something in caches, I leave a few calender cards when box size allows. I also have some small copies of the banner that are lamintated which I leave when I can. All of my temporary Log Books have the GAGB emblazoned across them.

RuberyBlue Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuchan View Post
    how about, regional monthly/bi-monthly meetings/events?

For example : GC12345 SE England GAGB meet 15th of July?
    A committee* member attends if possible, talk caching and GAGB

A good way to promote awareness of GAGB as well as to educate (new) cachers in the ways of what GAGB does?

just a thought

*addendum, perhaps expand the committee with a GAGB 'reps' group to fulfil said roles?
    I think this could be useful and perhaps existing regular regional events could be utilised, if you check the calendar you will notice a number of counties have regular monthly meets. The event organisers could be approached to see if they would take on a 'GAGB Ambassador' role for that county/ region acting as a two way link between local and national levels.

RB
    KRO!

Suggestion 13: CITO. Announcement later this week

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Thumbs up

The GAGB are going in the right direction for making them the UK Groundspeak......
    Definately like to see a GAGB Annual Mega Event !!!! :socool:
    Also webpage for cache walks, a GAGB Shop, I would like to upload my cache data to profile...

Ideas: Monthly newsletter, email shots, also have regional reps (like Ryuchan) to represent GAGB, maybe even to communicate with landowners??

Keep up the hardwork and commitment. :cheers:
    Last edited by staffsgeo; 14th June 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: because my hair is blonde !

GAGB CITO event is in the system awaiting review.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Quote Originally Posted by staffsgeo View Post
    The GAGB are going in the right direction for making them the UK Groundspeak......
    Definately like to see a GAGB Annual Mega Event !!!! :socool:
    Also webpage for cache walks, a GAGB Shop, I would like to upload my cache data to profile...

Ideas: Monthly newsletter, email shots, also have regional reps (like Ryuchan) to represent GAGB, maybe even to communicate with landowners??

Keep up the hardwork and commitment. :cheers:
    Section in the forums for cache memories/photos and one for planned days out so as others can try and join in with you.
    Quarterly Newsletter for GAGB members, last issue was mid April, the link is sent out via an email shot.
    GAGB merchandise is available in a third party shop and some of the merchandise is displayed on the GAGB HOME page.
    Cache data can be added to your profile/signature but not with the GAGB logo as yet.