Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: UK Caching Holiday

Lightbulb UK Caching Holiday

For 1 Week from 31st July 2010 I will be looking to visiting different places around the UK in the hope to find as many caches as possible. Thats 7 days caching and camping lightweight. It will be just me, my rucksack, tent, gps and notebook.....oh and car !!

Does anyone out there know of any cache infested areas in the UK ?
    Is there a UK record for the most caches in 1 week?

Any information please post ? or maybe you would like to come along??:socool:

If you don't mind Micros and circular trails try visiting West Sussex

Not that I'm biased , but according to the now defunct iCache site Hampshire is the county with the most caches, there are plenty of circular routes, including the UK Mega series, and some lovely countryside .

The Skeg to Ness series is getting a lot of good reports, not done it myself but have some friends who have and they rate it very highly, includes some unusual caches apparently. Have a good holiday.

31st July is Mega Scotland day.
    Perthshire and Fife are well populated with a wide variety of caches.

Perhaps you could head north?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett

Thanks for the replies, Ive still got plenty of time to organise or I might just get in car and go !!! please keep posting to give me ideas.... Might pop up North but then Ive just looked at the Let's go camping - Wiltshire event and that says theres 300 in a 5 mile radius?

Is there any way of finding out if there is a record for most finds in a day/week?

Saw something on the Groundspeak forum site about record breakers but that was our Colonial Cousins I think ??
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Default Basingstoke

Loads in Basingstoke, some very interesting!

markandra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by staffsgeo View Post
    For 1 Week from 31st July 2010 I will be looking to visiting different places around the UK in the hope to find as many caches as possible. Thats 7 days caching and camping lightweight. It will be just me, my rucksack, tent, gps and notebook.....oh and car !!

Does anyone out there know of any cache infested areas in the UK ?
    Is there a UK record for the most caches in 1 week?

Any information please post ? or maybe you would like to come along??:socool:
    A little pkace called Darwen along the A666, lots of caches some wonderful fell walking, youth hostels and campsite nearby.

Try within a 10 mile radius of GC1M4ME
    Rachel

bigaluk Guest

Walton on the naze is a great place for geocaching