Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: GAGB CITO with the NT

Default GAGB CITO with the NT

GAGB is holding a CITO at Clent Hills, West Midlands on Saturday 11th September. This is an NT property and we are pleased to be able to support the NT following their support for geocaching.

There is a nearby campsite and there will also be an evening event, to be announced.

Details are here GC29Z9Z
    Last edited by DrDick&Vick; 16th July 2010 at 03:58 PM.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Gah, I was just about to sign up and it's the Naughty Weekend Away 3 in Kent

Is this going to become a regular event? It would be really good to support the NT from a caching perspective because as you mention, they support us very well

RuberyBlue Guest

I was reliably advised by the contact at Clent NT that another, larger property in Worcestershire were interested in possibly starting a caching presence.......so I can only see our involvement and associated activities growing

RB

KRO!

Lin and I hope to attend, we will know closer to the date.

H.

Bumping this one up folks

Two Blorenges will be there and will be staying overnight at the nearby Travel Lodge.

Hope to come if we can - will bring "Big Ange" and the caravan for weekend - stay at local Caravan club site.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

We have just seen the event and will attend Clent Hills are our local area. It will be our first contact since joining the GAGB some time ago.
    Les D

RuberyBlue Guest

Hi Les,

Look forward to seeing you there!

RB

Unfortunately can't make this, got to work at an event at Brooklands. Have fun everyone.

Our GAGB CITO is this weekend and we have about 70 people currently shown planning to attend. It's a big area (near Stourbridge) so please come along if you can help, or to the evening event in the pub if you prefer.

Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

Caching since 2001
    Committee (2003-2013)
    GAGB Friend

Orinoco and I had a fantastic day. We had about 60 people - including some passing muggles who just wanted to help - and collected a total of 43 bags of rubbish, plus coordinates for several other heavy loads which the NT will collect separately (a computer monitor, 20 bottles, a stack of magazines, a couple of tarpaulins and other things). Thanks to GeoTees and The Blorenges donated some prizes which were won by Les D for the most bags of rubbish collected and others in the subsequent lucky dip.

The weather was mixed - a couple of downpours but we had plenty of glorious sunshine, and the views from the top of Clent Hills are excellent. We'll be back and really enjoyed visiting the NT here, thanks to the Warden Bob Ayres for providing bags, litter picks and a warm welcome and thanks to RuberyBlue for the local arrangements and maintaining the NT's own geocaches across the hills.

Thanks to everyone who came and supporting us.

Caching since 2001
    Committee (2003-2013)
    GAGB Friend

Thanks to Dave Womble and Orinoco for travelling up to the Mids and putting on an excellent do!
    Enjoyed the ups and downs of caching on the Clents, was pleased to hand that black bag back though....
    Also thanks to Rubery Blue for coaxing me into a pub for another smiley after!
    H of L8HNB.

Just thought I would post the group photo and say a big WELL DONE to everybody who took part.