Can someone help me with some landowner permission questions? I would prefer to have what is common practice, rather then the official Grounspeak guidelines (I read them).

Why is there an apparent difference by the reviewers (in their decision process), between public areas owned by private hands (Farmer's field with public footpath, Railway Stations, Grocery Stores, etc.) and government land managed by a council or another public body (Parks, Promenade, etc.)?

Is leaving a container without permission more acceptable in one case more then the other? If I put a cache under a bench at the beach, its likely that I will be granted permission by the reviewer ... but if I do the same at Tesco, I am more likely to get a refusal. If the council knew about my mischief, dont they have the same right as Tesco to object?

According to the database, there are no blanket agreements in my area, yet there are 100s of caches around. Should I ask the council to legitimize my 5 caches on the seafront? If they say no, I do not really want to be responsible for the removal of other people's caches.

Many thanks,
Yannick