Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Container: The strangest one ...

Default Container: The strangest one ...

Once in a while, I found a container that made me laugh or puzzled me. If you have pictures of oddities, drop one in there. Please do not give away location and spoil the surprise .

No photo ,but we did once find a 2" lump of fake used pink chewing gum with a nano concealed it . It was very realistic.
    We like Greens

One of the best I have seen recently was the bonus for the Holwsorthy Woods Series, I shall not describe it as it would soil it for others who have yet to find it but I will say that it is brilliant. If your are ever in the Devon area it is a must to do.
    Have seen a few snails that were attached to trees, pine cones and even a magnetic door handle (very clever)
    Even found one inside a soft toy rat.
    Last edited by DrDick&Vick; 2nd July 2010 at 05:39 PM.

I've met a couple of rat's with the cache up their bum.
    The funniest one was the rubber chicken, easy to spot close up, but brought a much needed smile after a long steep hill.
    The first one that made me jump was a realistic looking rubber snake attached with an almost invisible line to a big piece of bark. When you lift the bark the snake jumps - and so did I.
    The one glued to a hubcap was good too, I think I lifted the cap 3 times to look under it before I spotted it. It was placed in a hedge along the road and looked like any other cap that had popped off...
    A cache a day ..

RuberyBlue Guest

When does an unusual cache become litter? A beautiful, local park with landscaped pathways along a stream has a Lock 'n' Lock container inside an old, electric kettle thrown under a footbridge - it wins points for originality and recycling but anyone else would see this as littering. If it was just a Lock 'n' Lock I'd be happy, the reclaimed kettle makes me feel uncomfortable with it. Where should cachers draw the line?

RB

KRO!

Have to agree with RB on this, I would never think of using anything that could be thought of as rubbish when creating a cache.
    I tend to use stuff that could be seen as normal, a log or a stone is quite normal.

We also found one that was in an old sink (in the U bend) left in a little patch of wood. I think the cacher just used the litter that was there as a hide and to send a message about fly tipping in our area ... problem with litter is that one day or another it gets picked up. There was a series of DNFs after we found it. I love the snake one, perfect one for my wife :P

That would be one of BHA Loyal's caches on the Highdown Stroll, a very good series.

hehe, that would be him Never met the cachers in my area yet, but following our finds, we have a lot of clever people in the region. If that sets the standards for our trips further away ... this is going to be fun.

They are a good fun bunch in Sussex, I can recomend a visit to one of the monthly meetings.
    We should be back in the area in November.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBirds View Post
    Once in a while, I found a container that made me laugh or puzzled me. If you have pictures of oddities, drop one in there. Please do not give away location and spoil the surprise .
    I had one of these out, it disappeared within a couple of weeks of putting it out. I sometimes despair of putting decent and/or strange caches out.