Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: I Know I'm Being Thick, But

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Know I'm Being Thick, But

I know I am being thick, but on our edit trackables page there is now a tick box for is the trackable collectable, Yes or No. What does this actually mean. I have spoken to some caching friends and they are confused as well.

In your Trackables Inventory you have activated trackable items that you own and also trackable items belonging to others that you're in the process of moving along.

Some people have activated trackables (usually geocoins) which belong to them but they keep them as a private collection and don't release them to travel.

If you have such items you can now transfer them to your "Trackables Collection". This removes them from your Trackables Inventory so that you don't keep seeing them in that list. Once you've moved the items into your Collection then the only trackables that show in the inventory are the ones that are 'travelling'. Trackables that you place into your Collection can still be logged by others if you take them to an event.

That's how I understand it anyway. I haven't moved our small personal collection as yet because they're out of the way in one of our archived caches but I'll sort them out when I have time.

This buggy "feature" was introduced in the 2nd of June update of the GC.com website.

Many cachers had / still have difficulties in understanding why this was introduced and what it is trying to achieve. In fact many think it will act as an open invitation to newbie cachers to take ownership of travelling trackables!

For a full discussion of the topic I'd suggest you have a look at this thread on the GC.com forums: https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...owtopic=251320
    Chris of Matthew 7:7 Too

For more information, have a read of the section in the Groundspeak Knowledge Book. on trackable collections.

It's something I find very useful - being able to seperate the travellers from the rest of my coins and bugs has made it much easier to manage travel bugs.