Some ideas that crossed my mind about Landowner Permissions and containers ...

When there is a problem with a container (and not about our behaviour as cachers), it seems to be mainly because it is seen as litter or considered a security risk. What about if we used an item that is not hollow, with official Geocaching markings and a unique ID. In the same way we buy a Groundspeak tag for a TB, we could also purchase this type of cache from them. This item could be handled in the same way we record a discovered TB. Instead of signing the log, you could take note of*the unique ID and log that on the website as a find ... no more damp logs [:P].

Because it is not hollow (like a small ingot or coin?), it would not be seen as a security risk. If those items were identical in color and shape, the authorities could recognize them more easily when they are found. The official look of the item would also make it less likely to be seen as litter, no moldy or smelly content to put off a landowner or muggle.

This is not something we would use routinely. I see that as a tool to negotiate an agreement with a private MLO or a government body not too keen on the traditional container. I understand that a solid item would make it impossible to swap items or move TBs. At the end, when geocaching clashes with the muggle world, I would rather have this option then face a ban on physical caches.

I realize that this post should be on Groundspeak website as it is in fact a new type of cache. I am more interested to know the opinion of an experienced GAGB member, who faced a situation involving a container problem with a MLO. Would the use of a standardized and solid item help to negotiate an agreement or avoid a total ban on physical caches?