Thanks Thanks:  5

Thread: Geocaching and the National Trust

RuberyBlue Guest

Default Geocaching and the National Trust

As some of you maybe aware I am volunteering some of my time managing a number of caches on the National Trust property @ Clent Hills, Worcestershire. As one of the pioneering NT properties in relation to geocaching the Community Liaison Officer (Tamsin) has recently given a presentation to a National Trust Conference on their geocaching experiences so far and the benefits of engaging with the activity.

The feedback has been extremely positive, with a number of properties now considering running similar offerings to Clent Hills. I have agreed with Tamsin that we would endeavour to provide volunteers for these properties as and when they make a decision to offer geocaching as part of their community events.

Watch this space!!

RB
    KRO!

Whenever I've had a cache submitted for review on NT land and asked the owner to contact them for permission I can't recall any instances where the NT have refused or been slow in responding. They do seem to have a positive approach to our hobby.

Chris
    Graculus
    Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com
    UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk
    Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

I am happy to be of assitance if I am in an area where they would like some assitance.