Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Oregon 300

Default Oregon 300

A question for all you techy cachers.......

a caching team I know has just got an Oregon 300. Now, as I only have an old eTrex Legend, I don't really know what the 300 can do. He has a caching app on his iPhone that will show nearest caches, and descriptions etc.......I assume that's from GC.com, just like looking on't t'interweb? Now, the big question is, can the 300 do that? i don't think it will, but hey, what do I know?

They are not premium members, either (neither am I)

Any help, muchly appreciated!

Gaz

keehotee Guest

The Oregon series will enable you to use paperless caching, as well as being a mapping GPS.
    However, without the benefits of being able to download PQs as a premium member, the Oregon is pretty much just a mapping GPS... seems odd to invest that much money in a GPS for caching without paying for a PM too, unless it ws bought for a different purpose?

No, only for geocaching! He likes his gizmo's, and saw the oregon for sale, so it was a must have!

Don't think he will be going premium, so as you say, just a mapping GPSr!

To be honest if he has purchased an Oregon and spent the money on that he might as well spend a little bit more and get the most out of the unit with the PQs