I am beginning to get a bit annoyed with my Etrex Leg-end HCx. We had some trouble when on hols in Wales with Beauchief. Every cache we approached their GPS was much more accurate than ours (they have the base model "yellow" Garmin) ours was, several times about 100 feet out, Now we have started out with our own hides we have had several cachers comment that the location co-ords seemed a bit out ! I have read all the advice. Checked and re-checked but still get a mean average of about 20/30 feet out. Which, as we concentrated on "Drive bys" for our first series can put the location on the opposite side of the road !!
This wretched situation gets worse when I go caching on my own. For instance I went out last weekend to do a really great new series called Prize Norton. No one else about - result 3 FTFs and 3 DNFs. The GPS gave location but took at least 20 mins scratting about and the 3 DNFs were easily found by the next cachers along. It gets a bit dispiriting as the damn thing tells me I'm right on top of the cache and even with the fingertip search I am having trouble. This is happening too often to be put down to a "bad day" - Anyone any advice to improve accuracy ? If not I will sell the Etrex and try something else ???