Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Notttinghamshire Wildlife Trust ~ Permission Denied

Default Notttinghamshire Wildlife Trust ~ Permission Denied

After some lengthy negotiations with Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust permission has been refused to plant a cache on land managed by them and Natural England. NE were happy for the cache to be placed but NWT felt that it would be encouraging people to visit the area who weren't interested in the wildlife. You can't win them all and I fully respect their decision.

So...where was the location? It might be somewhere I decide to use and it would be useful to know that permission could be tricky.

This is a local wildlife trust, for local people.
    Are you local?
    :lol:

Do they not think that visitors might become interested after their visit? :

But, as you say, gotta respect their decision...
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Quote Originally Posted by Bear and Ragged View Post
    :lol:
    But, as you say, gotta respect their decision...
    Why? Does it deserve respect? Perhaps there's more to it than we've seen here, but on the face of it the decision looks a bit daft...

nobbynobbs Guest

did you ask them to speak to hampshire wildlife trust before they made their decision? i've mentioned several times that the contact has said she would be more than happy for any other trust to speak to her about how misgivings to begins with and how they now have a very positive impression of the hobby. they feel that it is a very useful tool to introduce people to the countryside and educate them about it's unique characteristics. having a ranger present while placing the cahe was their only requirement and ensures that any cache is placed so as not to interfere with flora and fauna.