Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Election of 2 committee members

paul.blitz Guest

Greetings to you all from a very pleasant Glasgow!

With the standing down of Kouros, there are now TWO vacancies on the GAGB
    committee.

If you are interested in joining the committee, or would like to nominate someone you would like to see on the committee, would you either post a message here, or send me an email.

If there is a huge response (where huge = more than 2 nominees) then we'll hold an election.

Nominations will close next Tuesday evening at 9pm. If an election is needed, then I will ask Erik once again to act as our returning officer: the election will run over at least 2 weekends (and the week in between!!!) to give everyone a good chance to vote.

Paul Blitz
    GAGB Chairman

Chris n Maria have already nominated MCL in a different thread and he accepted the nomination. We would like to add our backing for MCL in this thread.

I would like to nominate Neil of NattyBooshka who in my opinion has sound judgement and is prepared to get out and do things, if he is willing.
    Enjoy your caching!

THE BRAMBLERS Guest

We would like to nominate Bill D (wwh) whom we believe would make an excellent committee member.

His well balanced comments are always positive, constructive and helpful.

We hope he will accept our nomination.

NattyBooshka Guest

Flattered though I am, with the new job and wedding plans, I have no time this year.

We'd like to nominate our very own OAP cacher... JStead!

Originally posted by NattyBooshka@Mar 26 2004, 06:31 AM
    We'd like to nominate our very own OAP cacher... JStead!
    Sensible choice. I'll second that.
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

I'm surprised and flattered to see that I've been nominated - thank you, Bramblers! I'm happy to accept the nomination.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

paul.blitz Guest

Sorry for the lack of action on the election: life is, at last, quietening down, and I intend to start the ball rolling next week.

Paul

Returning Officer Guest

Sorry for the lack of action on the election: life is, at last, quietening down, and I intend to start the ball rolling next week.
    Just let me know via e-mail and I'll be glad to assist.

~erik~

I might have known Neil would be too busy "this year". Flattered as I am to be nominated again I regret I cannot do it - I'm trying to reduce responsibilities, not add. But I will happily support Bill D.
    Enjoy your caching!

paul.blitz Guest

Sorry to hear that you won't be standing, JStead.

Can I take this opportunity to ask for any final nominations for the 2 committee posts please?

I'll close nominations at 9pm(BST) on Wednesday night.

Paul
    GAGB Chairman

Silkman Guest

I'd like to nominate Muggle for one of the positions. He has always stood up for what he believes in and is a geocacher of long standing.

BugznElm'r Guest

Originally posted by Silkman@Apr 14 2004, 11:16 AM
    I'd like to nominate Muggle for one of the positions. He has always stood up for what he believes in and is a geocacher of long standing.
    I'll second that.

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by Silkman@Apr 14 2004, 11:16 AM
    Ok, can Muggle confirm if he is willing to stand, please? (I would have emailed, but there doesn't seem to be an email for Muggle)

Paul Blitz

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Apr 15 2004, 12:55 PM
    Ok, can Muggle confirm if he is willing to stand, please? (I would have emailed, but there doesn't seem to be an email for Muggle)

Paul Blitz
    I don't know why you couldn't find my email, it shows up on my Profile.

There are a number of reasons that I would like to accept the nomination, the main one being that I think that the north of England and Scotland (oh OK, and Wales too) isn't represented very well at the moment. The majority of the current committee live in or very close to Hampshire and a better geographical spread would be better.

It would also be fun to have access to the committee forums so I could read first hand some of the things that were said in the "Piggly voted twice" debacle. <_<

But being about to embark on the major project part of my master&#39;s degree, I just don&#39;t have the time.

I&#39;m sure that GAGB can well do without another election and all that goes with that process so I am more than happy to let MCL and Bill D carry the baton. Milton Keynes isn&#39;t really &#39;opp norf, but it&#39;s as good as we will get.

I&#39;m sure the two gents will be a great addition to the committee. Best of luck guys.

Maybe next time.

Muggle/Alex/Slytherin (but NOT Piggly&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33

The Committee Guest

Thank you for your post there, Muggle... sorry you don&#39;t feel able to stand, but good luck with the studying&#33;

Well, as you say, there are 2 vacancies, and 2 willing people, so I&#39;d like to welcome BillD and MCL to the committee.... (I&#39;ll go & give you both access to the Committee area so you can come & say "hello").

Thanks to everyone who took part in any way.... and sorry to Erik for once again not managing to create an election for him to have to sort out&#33;

Paul Blitz
    GAGB Chairman

Congratulations to both of the new committee members - it would have been nice to have another northerner but I am sure that all the committee have the interests of all the country at heart - and if not there will be plenty of robust comment or more offered&#33;
    Enjoy your caching!

MCL Guest

I can alwiz try taahpin&#39; in a foonee axe-sent...

Originally posted by MCL@Apr 15 2004, 11:26 PM
    We will deliver your flat cap and whippets by Monday at the latest.

Originally posted by MCL@Apr 15 2004, 11:26 PM
    Nah then serry&#33; If tha thinks tha can thraip owt wi that bozer claptrap thas gorra nuther think cumin

MCL Guest

"gorra nuther think cumin .."

...Cumin: Isn&#39;t that some sort of spice?