Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: GPS Needed - Help!!!

Forbees Guest

Default GPS Needed - Help!!!

Hi all,

I recently came up with the idea of creating a geocache trail for where I work, and on having a look to see what its all about, I inadvertently became well and truly hooked! The only problem is that I am using the work's gis system to print maps, and really need a basic gps unit so I can do more and start hiding my own. I don't want to commit to anything new until I know what I want, and can't find anything decent in my price range on ebay.

I was hoping that someone in the GAGB forums has an old handset they could pass my way for a sensible price. Anything basic would do, but I could only really stretch to 40 at the moment (I'm a new dad!!)

Here's hoping someone can help!

Forbees.

Default GPS system

Don't go for a cheap GPS receiver. When I found out about geocaching about a year ago I did research about the cheapest system I could find. There are no good 40 GPS systems. You could try getting the Garmin eTrex 10 with the GAGB Cotswold Outdoor discount. With the discount it would cost 68.

If this is too much, you could try to buy a second hand GPS from the eTrex series from eBay for about 30 (excluding postage). From what I have seen, the eTrex H is just as good as the eTrex 10 but older.

I hope this helps!

If you want something more advanced try a Garmin Oregon 450, it does paperless, wherigo etc.