Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Free iPhone Tool to Convert OS Grid Refs

divzero Guest

Default Free iPhone Tool to Convert OS Grid Refs

Hi All,

I wanted to tell you about a new free iPhone tool that I have created which converts OS Grid Coords into lat,long pairs. Both the OSGB36 and WGS84 datums are supported, and you can choose between DMS & Decimal formats. You can also easily view the OS Grid Coord on the standard iPhone Maps app (something that can be a bit tricky normally). I believe it's pretty useful for UK iPhone users who are into Trigpointing.

It's named 'OS Grid Converter' (you can search for it in the App Store).

I made it in response to a request from someone who frequently uses the trigpointinguk web site. So I figured maybe a few people here will find it useful too and like I said – it's completely free.

I hope you don't mind me posting this information in your forum. I'm a software developer who makes Apps in the travel/navigation space, if you have a requirement for trigpointing/geocaching related tools or utilities on your iPhone (or any feedback on this free tool), then let me know, and I can see if I can help you out!

Cheers,
    Will

Default OS Grid Ref Compass for iPhone

Hi There.

Mike Irving here, an iOS App Developer.

I have recently released a similar app, that members here may find of interest.

OS Grid Ref Compass for iPhone provides your current OS Grid Reference, OSGB36 and WGS84 data, along with your current compass bearing.

Data can be shared via Email, Tweet or Text too.

Search for "grid ref" in the app store on your phone.

--

I also have a similar app available for use with the Irish Grid.

Interesting. There's also a free Android version of T:UK available from Google Play which allows trigs to be logged directly in the field, though it's only in Alpha release at present and still being refined by Teasel.