After much head-scratching and looking into a long list of potential Scottish island and mainland locations for my next extreme event - following on from St Kilda in 2007, St Agnes IOS in 2008, Unst in the Shetlands in 2009 and a tidal island off the coast of Jersey in the Channel Islands in June 2010 - I think it's the right time to return this series of events to their origin; an off-the-beaten-track location that offers visitors a very special experience... Basically I've run out of N/S/W geographical extremes to visit for now (but stay tuned- I'm working on something else rather cool! No, it's not Lowestoft) but this is an extremely dramatic and interesting location on a little-visited island in the inner Hebrides. At the time of writing there's not even a cache on it! I'd hope to leave a cache behind with local support when I visit Eigg to climb the 1,200ft An Sgurr in June 2011.

I'll link to the event from this thread in late December, when I'm able to have the page listed. In the meantime, here's a photo to whet your appetite - The event will be held (so long as the weather means it's safe to reach) at the trig point at the 'prow' of the rock, at 393m above sea-level, which is where we'll be starting from:

Eigg has some other treats in store; the famous 'Singing Sands', the 'Massacre' and 'Catherdal' caves and if I can arrange it with people with suitible skills and equipment, something like this! I also plan to camp on the island and visit Rum and Muck too...

More news here as and when I have it. I hope you'll be keen to join me somewhere amazing