Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: West Cornwall camping event

Smile West Cornwall camping event

I'm looking at organising a camping event next year, down here in West Cornwall. I've got to speak to the camp site yet and get them to agree to some dates, but I've narrowed it down to the following dates based on not clashing with other camping events.

I'd love to know your thoughts on which dates you would prefer and of course whether or not you would be able to make it down.

6-8 or 13-15 May Should have no problem getting the site to agree to either of these weekends, but as it's during the school term it means that families would have problems coming down to make a week of it.

12-14 August This is smack in the middle of the school summer holidays, so is ideal for families, but as such it will be very busy here, and the camp site may not be able to offer us the space that we would need.

we would be up for the August dates but a May event would be to early for us.

keehotee Guest

May's good for us.
    We're likely to be in Penwith for at least two weeks in August anyway so could come to the event - but would be camping elsewhere

If we were going to attend then May would probably be better for us, we tend to miss school holidays as much as we can.

It's looking like being May. I'm meeting the camp site owner on Sunday to tie up the loose ends, then I'll post the details, but it will almost certainly be the weekend of 20th-22nd May. :socool:

OK, the dates are set after a meeting with the camp site owner yesterday. The event will be on the weekend of 20th to 22nd May 2011 at Trevaylor Caravan and Camping Park, Botallack, near Penzance, TR19 7PU. Full details will be posted on the event cache page when it is published towards the end of next month.

The camp site sits within the Cornwall Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has great facilities. Loads of caches nearby, and more to come in the run up to the event!

Reduced rates for Geocachers (prices held at 2010 rates), per night:
    Caravan/motor home/tent - £4
    Adults - £3
    Children (2 - 16 yrs) - £2
    Awning/gazebo/pup tent/extra car - £2
    Electric hook-up - £2.50
    Dogs - FREE
    Last edited by Dan1980; 25th October 2010 at 11:13 PM.

The event has now been published:

A Chough-ing Good Weekend

I know that it's a long way for some people, but if you can make it down it's well worth the effort. You could easily make a week (or longer) of it if you wanted to. There's plenty of caches and the scenery around the site is stunning. The weather in late May tends to be better than in August around here too (but I can't make any guarantees, this is Britain after all!)

I have put Wemnog and I down as very definate maybe's. Should be lovely at that time of year.

RuberyBlue Guest

Just added the event to the GAGB calendar.

RB