Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: MEGA WALES - The UKs 4th MEGA Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MEGA WALES - The UKs 4th MEGA Event

As announced at the Scottish MEGA Event, the UK's fourth Geocaching MEGA Event will be held next year in the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea on Sunday 31st July 2011 (see GC2921G and the Mega Wales website for more details).

The MEGA Committee has recently been restructured with Gordon Hindess (Write of “Write and Mane”) taking over the post Chairman and he can be contacted via his caching name on the Groundspeak website or via the Megawales website here

The Committee continues to welcome offers of support from the Global Geocaching Community both leading up to the Event and over the course of the MEGA Event period next year. Please do not hesitate to contact any serving member of the Committee if you can help in any way! The last three UK MEGA Events have been attended by over 1,200 geocachers and the Welsh Geocaching Community hopes to continue on successes from these previous MEGA Events.

Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you on the day.
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 20th October 2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Put back link disallowed by spam filter

I've stuck this thread since it contains the Mega Wales website link.

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Thanks to Bill D for putting the link back in. I'm being thick here but what is the syntax to do a proper link i.e. hide the url behind some link text?

Jeff

PS Ta to Dave also for the sticky.

Simply Paul Guest

It seems I get to UK Megas every other year (although I did manage to get to the excellent Austrian one in May this year) and the good news is 2011 is an 'On' year! Very much looking forward to revisiting Wales to do some caching and meet up with folk from around the country -and the world- at what should be an excellent Mega. As I said on the GS forum, I'm pushing for a trip to Flat Holm but lots of the satellite events planned sound like my cup of tea too. The 2012 SE Geolympix team hope to have a stand in Wales too...

The 2011 Welsh Mega Calendar is excellent and I hope proves to be a big seller. I see some cool coins on the website as well. I just hope the fickle Welsh weather plays ball at the end of July!

Quote Originally Posted by sniffadogz View Post
    Thanks to Bill D for putting the link back in. I'm being thick here but what is the syntax to do a proper link i.e. hide the url behind some link text?

Jeff

PS Ta to Dave also for the sticky.
    Type your post, and put the link in by clicking on the link icon above the text box in the usual way.

(URL="https://www.gagb.org.uk")http ://gagb.org.uk(/URL)

The link will look something like the above, but with square brackets [] not round ones. Remove the bit that I've put into bold, and replace it with the wording you want to use.

(URL="https://www.gagb.org.uk")GAGB home page(/URL)

Make sure you preview it before posting. If it doesn't work you've probably removed a bracket or put an extra one in.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​