Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Mega Camping 2011

Default Mega Camping 2011

Mega Wales are proud to announce that the Mega Camping will be located at Kennexstone Camping and Touring Park, Llangennith, Gower.

The campsite is situated in the heart of the wonderful and varied landscape of the Gower Peninsula (Welsh: Penrhyn Gwyr) and was the first place in Britain to be designated as an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' (AONB) by the Countryside Agency.

The site has around 240 pitches and accepts tents, caravans and motor homes. Dogs are welcome. Book your pitch now!

Further details may be found here http://www.megawales.co.uk/events_camping.html

The loggable Mega Camping Event (open to campers and non-campers) will commence at 5pm on Saturday 30th July. The event will be an informal bring your own barbeque get together on the campsite. There is plenty of parking for day visitors to the event.

We are also planning a number of other Side Events around the MEGA weekend that emphasise a Welsh theme including a picnic at the top of the Brecon Beacons, a walk on to Worm’s Head at the end of the Gower and Events at the National Museum, Wales. Further details of these can be found on the Mega Wales website (http://www.megawales.co.uk).

Pitch booked, 5 nights.
    Looking forward to it, just hope the weather is good.

Folks

Got any suggestions for nearby B&B? Would be looking for probably Friday to Monday.

Ta!

Pitch provisionally booked (will confirm on pay day !!) from Thursday till the Monday.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Now booked and paid for - See you there all !!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

6. Default

Leave & site booked from 28th July - 1st August !

No leccy for the caravan but we should be OK with the solar panel so we'll see you all around Thursday lunchtime

:cheers:

Life is too important to take seriously !

same dates as we are there for, hopefully we will get to meet you and a few of the other members on here.

8. Default

I'm easy to spot - short, fat, bald wearing a Tilley hat and usually holding a small glass of Rhone ...

You can't miss us either - 26foot tin tent, and "Big Ange" the Range Rover with plate G14 MOG! large fat bloke clutching barbie tongs in one hand and a large glass of the "Pomeroy's ordinary claret" in t'other. Arriving on Thursday afternoon - All invited to barbie with us under the Gaze Bo At about 6pm bring your own chair and potables
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I'm easy to spot - short, fat, bald wearing a Tilley hat and usually holding a small glass of Rhone ...

Blimey, we must look quite alike, only addition with me is the glasses.

Good grief ! I wear glasses too - We were probably separated at birth - Don't tell me you were born in Outer Mongolia as well ??
    Si vis pacem para bellum

12. Default

I only wear my glasses for REALLY small print (So far) ...

Tin tent is a series 6 Virginia and the tug is a rather ratty silver Toyota Surf so we'll be fairly obvious

See you all at the barbie !

:cheers:

My tin tent will be in Cornwall but we will be in a Gelert tent with a Sail Flag flying.

I will probably put up my skull and crossbones flag - She who must be obeyed says that I'm not jolly so it's a "Miserable Bas****d" Roger - looking forward to seeing you all
    Si vis pacem para bellum

15. Default

If we're doing flags then we'll have a George above a Berkshire with maybe a spinner and some solar powered LED lights BUT only if I can be bothered when we arrive !

We may push the boat out and put the solar powered butterflies on the gaze bo - Wheeee !! First three members approaching the Palujia set up after 6pm will get a free cold beer (on reciting the magic words "Giss a brew")Am now really looking forward to this after a truely miserable year with illness etc. What else can we want - Site looks great, lots of caching and getting to meet some of you at last ! As a thought Did anyone want me to bring the honda generator - big 2kva one but very quiet ??
    Si vis pacem para bellum

17. Default

We will now be staying an extra night - that's 28th - 2nd ...
    Be afraid ...

h34r: