Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Profile stats

Default Profile stats

Whats the best software or website for processing my stats for putting on my profile?

I tried using MyGeocachingProfile.com but it has lots of inaccuracies. for example its missed out logs on some days, and so it hasent recorded accurately my longest run of consecutive cahing days!

I the downloaded GSAk but this looks so complex i have no idea what is happening!

I use Geocache log for all my needs and generate the stats for my PROFILE from within it, no fancy maps just the stats. No need to wait for 'My Finds' PQ files as you generate the stats from within your personal log.
    Definately worth a look.
    Last edited by DrDick&Vick; 8th November 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsirrell View Post
    I the downloaded GSAk but this looks so complex i have no idea what is happening!
    I also downloaded this at the weekend and it is so complex I haven't even attempted to use it!

Be interested to see what the most popular and easy to use one is.

Fermi

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bsirrell View Post
    Whats the best software or website for processing my stats for putting on my profile?

I tried using MyGeocachingProfile.com but it has lots of inaccuracies. for example its missed out logs on some days, and so it hasent recorded accurately my longest run of consecutive cahing days!

-

Never had a problem with mygeocachingprofile - are you sure of your dates, and your PQ?
    At the end of the day, as it's so customisable just untick any bits you don't agree with or want to display, and use it anyway

I use GSAK for my stats and although it may look comlicated it is fairly straight forward, once you have it the way you like it, it only takes a few key strokes to update it. There is plenty of help online with getting the macro to run how you want, you could even post questions here and if I can I will try and help. I dont claim to be anything like an expert though. The main thing is to pick one that serves your purpose and learn how to use it, they can all offer something different.

Logging caches by iPhone?
    It can cause date problems...
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

I use GCStatisticwhich i have found to be most excellent.

B&R - I have had problems with regards to dates not being identified, is there a fix or do i need to go and delete my logs and write them on the PC??

Quote Originally Posted by The_Street_Searchers View Post
    I use GCStatisticwhich i have found to be most excellent.

B&R - I have had problems with regards to dates not being identified, is there a fix or do i need to go and delete my logs and write them on the PC??
    DON'T delete the logs.

That can cause more problems with the stats!
    Just go in and edit the date, on the Groundspeak site. (Use the dropdown menu)

*Each log is given a number as its entered on the site.
    To keep it simple.
    You find caches 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
    You log them in order, and they get assigned numbers by Groundspeak.
    Most stats programmes read the cache number to list them as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc

if you delete and re-log (say, for arguments sake, cache 2) the caches will be listed in most stats programmes as 1, 3, 4, 2. :

But, if you logged more caches before re-logging cache 2 you then get 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 2, etc :wacko:

Makes a right mess of milestone caches!
    Therefore, try to edit the original log where ever possible.

You will need to re-run the MyFinds PQ -best to give the hamsters and servers a chance to digest the changes... Give it a day from after making the changes before running it!
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

I've tried mygeocachingprofile.com and the one that has Michael Fish. They worked fine first time, but won't update when I try to put a later PQ on.

I use GSAK for loading my GPSs, but haven't sussed out how to produce stats for my finds on it.

Oops, ignore that last post - the new myfinds PQ I updated with 2 days ago on mygeocachingprofile.com has now updated itself!